Quality Technician I/II
Company: Amcor Fairfield
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Highly skilled technical position responsible for support of
plant's quality assurance functions. These functions include but
are not limited to - assist in maintaining GMP standards, food
safety and product security, Real SPC management, defect analysis
and data assessment. This position has the authority for assisting
the Quality Manager in assignment and control of the various
internal quality functions. Directs and coordinates the efforts of
assigned Quality Auditors in the absence of the Quality Manager.
Completes shift duties of a Quality Auditor when a temporary
replacement is required.RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines in the
Employee Handbook and as stated in the various safety related
- Responsibility and authority as outlined in the Quality Manual,
Operational Procedures, and all Work Instructions.
- Prepare specified training outlines and conduct or coordinate
certain quality and quality-system related training.
- Maintain a program of instrument calibration.
- Maintain a program for effective follow-up on corrective and
- Participate in internal and external documented quality system
and GMP audits.
- Supply data and reports (COAs) as required.
- Write and / or coordinate the writing of and assist in
implementation of procedures, policies, and instructions.
- Place on hold any suspect product and communicate issues to the
QA manager, supervisors, and leads as needed.
- Release any HFI product once disposition has been determined by
Material Review Board.Duties and Responsibilities may also include
the following as required:
- All duties and responsibilities of a Lead Quality
- Assist with or coordinate activities regarding automatic
- Travel to customer, and or other job-related locations.
- The shutdown of any machine that is running defective or out of
spec parts.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Submit to and pass (minimum score 75%) local Quality aptitude
test that includes basic mathematical skills and reading
- Has the ability to read and interpret data including
histograms, X-bar and R charts.
- Submit to and pass drug screen test.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Successful completion of a recognized SPC course.
- Possess all the skills and abilities required of a Quality
- Leadership ability.
- Able to travel to local customer sites.
- Must be able to work both shifts to provide Quality support for
all shifts.Level of AuthorityIncumbent has the right to hold for
inspection any product he/she feels does not meet customer/company
specifications and shut down machines that pose a safety or quality
issue.You should be proficient in:
- Quality Inspection Experience
- Quality Control Data Analysis
- Programming Machine Vision Systems
- Blueprint Reading
- Basic Computer Skills
- High School / GEDMachines & technologies you'll use:
- Vision System
- Quality Control Software
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)Salary info:$26 - $26 /
Keywords: Amcor Fairfield, Fairfield , Quality Technician I/II, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!