Lead Programmer Analyst
Company: Partnership HealthPlan of California
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Copyright 2015 Partnership HealthPlan of California - All Rights
Reserved To lead and participate in the development of complex
software systems and programs at PHC. Collaborates with the IT
Director in the analysis, design, programming utilizing
specifications and applying programming standards, troubleshooting,
problem resolution, maintenance, and documentation of software
systems and programs. Oversees all aspects of designated
application and program support including development, code
installation, incident management, problem management, proactive
maintenance, problem resolution. Responsibilities
- Works with IT Director and teammates to craft accurate
estimates for assigned software development tasks, delivering
reliable software programs and systems on time and on-budget.
- Assumes technical leadership over one or more systems by
planning and coordinating technical activities necessary to
implement, enhance, and maintain them.
- Provides oversight of other resources including associates and
- Leads functional and technical specifications reviews, and
application code reviews and ensures assigned project deliverables
stay within stated timelines, scope, and costs.
- Coordinates resources and organizes activities necessary to
complete project tasks.
- Gathers and translates business requirements into detailed
functional specifications, and/or functional specifications into
technical specifications, and managing requests for changes to the
- Develops software estimates and maintain project
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by
analyzing requirements; prepares a work flow chart and diagram
using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter,
programming language, and logic.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by
writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Recommends system enhancements and modifications to improve
- Employs standards to ensure data accuracy, security and privacy
of information to which s/he has access as a result of her/her
- Participates in the development and evaluation of System Life
Cycle deliverables and coding standards; other duties as
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications Education and
Experience Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a
related field preferred. Five years of experience in Information
Systems. Two to five years of experience in health care.
Demonstrated experience with large, highly complex projects.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications Extensive understanding
of business process design and experience using and building a
System Development Lifecycle Methodology. Significant experience in
designing, building, and implementing enterprise level software
solutions. Ability to create, analyze, and evaluate information
systems proposals. Extensive knowledge of relevant multi-user
computer systems, applications, and programs. Knowledge of current
technology developments and trends. Experience developing and
executing integrated test plans. Practical project management
capabilities and a demonstrated ability to develop good working
relationships with business area management and other team members.
Performance Based Competencies Strong written and oral
communication skills with ability to interpret and understand
technical requirements. Excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot
and resolve systems problems. Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent at a video display terminal.
May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, or work in other
non-standing and non-sitting positions to install cabling, systems
hardware and other related equipment. All Healthplan employees are
- Provide a high level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the Healthplan's policies and procedures as they may
from time to time be updated. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICEThe job
duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience,
educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in
this job description are representative only and not exhaustive or
definitive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or work environment change. Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later.
Keywords: Partnership HealthPlan of California, Fairfield , Lead Programmer Analyst, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!