Maintenance Supervisor II
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your
career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott. Our Nutrition
business develops science-based nutrition products for people of
all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult
bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count
on our leading brands - including Similac -, PediaSure -, Pedialyte
-, Ensure -, Glucerna - and ZonePerfect - - to help get the
nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.Our location in
Fairfield, California is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing
plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around
the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of
250 that works together to help nourish the world.The Plant has an
opening for a Maintenance Supervisor II. What you'll do as a
Maintenance Supervisor II:
- Assist in development, planning, and execution of all
plant-related maintenance activities including Preventative,
Predictive, and Demand maintenance work.
- Develop and refine detailed maintenance job plans and
- Trouble-shoot and resolve equipment-related issues that impact
- Work with the Operations, Engineering, and Quality teams to
investigate, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions
for equipment-related failures.
- Drive continuous improvement in performance within Maintenance,
Operations, Quality, and Safety.
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs, inspects,
lubricates, repairs, and overhauls a wide variety of mechanical,
plumbing and electrical, but not limited to: fire protection
systems, building HVAC, egress systems and exit lighting. Analyze
equipment breakdowns to determine source of trouble or malfunction.
Recommend and or perform repairs to equipment.
- Able to understand how to close gaps identified in Maintenance
and training processes to close gaps and drive maintenance to
become less tactical and more strategic
- Model and promote organizational values by providing effective
leadership, direction, development and support to the team.
- Engage in drafting own goals, lead the process of development
of team goals and growth planning.
- Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from
peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate
decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
- Manage and guide the TPM team(s) to improve quality and
increase productivity on the line. Communicates to line the High
Performance Work Team daily while maintaining a constant floor
presence. Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and
compliance to applicable procedures.
- Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes.
Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet
daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the
multi-shift line results.
- Active participation in team and department projects including
responsibility for execution of assigned actions.
- Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to
functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments,
opportunities for improvement and planned actions.Management:
- Provide training, guidance, and mentorship to plant maintenance
- Drive a culture of engagement through the High Performance Work
Team. Directly supervises and trains team and participates in
performing repairs and staffing activities.
- Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
- Create a learning environment and support individuals learning
and development plans.
- Ensure delivery of effective performance management while
establishing and sustaining a positive work environment.
- Execution of on time performance reviews for direct
reportsEducation and Experience, you'll bring:Bachelor's degree in
business, science, food technology, engineering and 2 to 4+ years
of experience with maintenance responsibility in a regulated
- Experience working in a regulated industry (aerospace,
automotive, military etc.) Food/beverage preferred, but not
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a plant maintenance
- Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement
tools & methodologies.Preferred but not required
- CMMS experience - scheduling, planning, developing job
- executing work and documenting all aspects of work to asset
level.WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Robust vacation package
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future.Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Fairfield , Maintenance Supervisor II, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!