Continuous Improvement Analyst
Company: Primal Pet Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company OverviewThe Primal Pet Group includes manufacturers of
fully prepared, human-grade raw foods, treats, and supplements for
dogs and cats. The Primal Pet Group was founded with the goal of
improving the quality of life and overall health and happiness of
pets through wholesome raw foods that mimic the diet of animals in
the wild. We are looking for reliable, motivated, pet companions to
join our fast-paced, growing Primal Pet Team!Come see what Primal's
all about! https://primalpetfoods.com/pages/our-storyJob
SummarySupport strategic direction by providing Continuous
Improvement Leadership to the Operations Team. Responsible for
continuous improvement of all products and processes ensuring that
product quality, employee safety, and food safety standards, as
well as regulatory requirements, are all met or exceeded. The Plant
Production Excellence Manager is responsible for developing both
short and long-term improvement strategies for the organization by
incorporating Six Sigma, Lean, and CI Methodologies to improve
overall plant performance. Initially, this role will focus on
Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and People in the Production area.
However, the role will expand to include and support all facets of
Operations including Quality, Supply Chain, Maintenance,
etc.Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with preparing operating and budget reports while
controlling costs to achieve company budget goals
- Assist with building a Safety-First culture and develops a
highly motivated workforce; Identify and eliminate potential
sources of food safety risk. In partnership with EHS, is
responsible for delivering site environmental, health, & safety
performance; works to exceed expectations for all internal &
external audits. Ensures all legal compliance requirements, company
safety procedures, and local and state health and safety
regulations are met.
- Assist with the hiring and training of new employees; serves as
a positive role model of emotional intelligence and servant
leadership. Drives positive employee relations and delivers
- Create continuous improvements program in key areas and
objectives for: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and People.
Improves upon the capabilities of all plant personnel.
- Conduct gap analysis to understand downtime data, problems with
schedule adherence, etc. then implement a plan to close the
- Conduct Value stream mapping including current state and future
- Conduct time studies and implement KPI;s, benchmarks, and
standardized work, centerline processes
- Continuously improves site processes and technologies and
oversees improvement plans and programs; stays current in new
technological developments. Assists with the development and
execution of site capital plan, addressing both short-term and
- Champions continuous improvement efforts; implements and
sustains manufacturing best practices/procedures and meets/exceeds
relevant certifications/qualifications/requirements (for example,
OSHA, GMP, HACCP, FSSC, and FDA).
- Develops a Problem Solving Culture that quickly identifies
problems and coordinates real-time Root Cause Corrective Action
- Analyze production metrics and data to determine areas to
improve and prepare, analyze and issue production and performance
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production by
implementing Lean & TPM across all site areas and elevate site
performance; must also develop, deploy, & sustain Leader Standard
Work, to ensure the continued success of these efforts.
- Oversees employee productivity, implements and supports GMPs,
including the proper use of equipment materials, minimizes
turnover, and ensures a reliable and agile labor force.
- Develop and execute training plans, documentation, and SOPS
necessary to build a flexible workforce, achieve cost savings, and
ensure that maximum efficiency.
- Checking e-mail and corresponding with staff in a timely
- Create a positive work environment that rewards superior
performance. Reports and documents violations of policies.
- Other duties as assignedSupervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job
has indirect supervision over all operations personnel to ensure
the success of CI initiatives.Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or management, business, or
related field preferred; Master's in business administration or
management a plus
- 5+ years' experience at a management level in a food
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to build trust,
provide direction, and vitality to execute with excellence and
achieve extraordinary results.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to achieve results and
meet deadlines to meet the needs of the business.
- Thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial atmosphere; is open
to change, creates change, and embraces continuous
- Must have a good practical knowledge of FDA, GMPs, HACCP, OSHA,
etc., as it relates to food manufacturing plants.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both oral and
written, and strong managerial skills including good judgment,
planning, organizing, innovative approach to problem-solving,
- Ability to add and subtract numbers and multiply and divide and
understand percentages. Ability to perform these operations using
units of weight measurement and quantity measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving concrete variables in standardized
- Lean Six Sigma, PMP, TPM, or other relevant certifications
preferredWe offer great benefits and perksPaid vacation and sick
hoursPaid company holidays, 7 per yearLow-cost medical
insuranceCompetitive dental, vision, and supplemental insurance.
Plus, discounted pet insurance!401k with company match up to 4%Free
Primal products for your petCareer growth opportunities, training,
and much more!
Keywords: Primal Pet Group, Fairfield , Continuous Improvement Analyst, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!