Company: IPL Macro Plastics CA
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Macro Plastics, a division of IPL, is currently recruiting for a
high-performance Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team in
Macro Plastics is the world's largest manufacturer of bulk
containers. Our corporate office is based in Kentucky with sales
and manufacturing facilities located worldwide, providing
innovative business solutions for the agricultural, food
processing, retail, and industrial markets.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and
repairing plant equipment, machinery, and facilities to achieve the
production of cost-effective quality products to meet business
goals and objectives.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Identifies potential equipment problems and corrects
- Maintains the equipment in a manner so as not to impede the
- Prepares plant equipment and facilities for
- Responds to equipment failures or facilities problems in a
timely and professional manner.
- Informs manager or lead when critical replacement parts are
used from inventory.
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective
- Identifies equipment problems in timely and accurate
- Implements contingency plans for keeping production
- Assists in mold changes.
- Ensures tools and equipment needed to change the mold in a
timely manner is set up and available prior to the mold
- Inspects equipment on the mold, such as waterlines, clamps,
etc. for wear and replaces them as necessary.
- Ensures mold is set according to operating
- Maintains work areas to keep them free of trip hazards and
other safety issues.
- Ensures tools and auxillary equipment are returned to their
proper place after a job or project is completed or after a mold
change is complete.
- Cleans the machinery as necessary.
- Complies with safety standards.
- Lock out/tag out procedures are followed at all times.
- OSHA safety standards are complied with at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
Knowledge and Education Required:
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician in the plastics industry
- Experience with large tonnage machines (4000 ton) highly
- Experience with two-barrel Italtech machines
- Works with minimal supervision and must be able to plan and
- Strong understanding of OSHA Safety Standards.
- Experience with Automation a plus.
- Safety and Quality Standards
- Basic math skills
- Forklift operations
- Basic Mechanical skills
- General computer skills
- Crane operations
- General maintenance skills
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding and fast paced
- Ability to respond to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to climb ladders, squat, kneel, stand and/or walk for
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and maneuver at least 85
- Must have good balance and the ability to work at
- Ability to work in excess of eight hours per day and on
weekends as business needs arise.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
match, Vacation time and more!
Macro plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Macro Plastics
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment.
You should be proficient in:
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- Hydraulics Experience
Keywords: IPL Macro Plastics CA, Fairfield , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!