Vice President, Construction of Industrial and Senior Housing
Company: Woodmont Properties
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Vice President, Construction of Industrial and Senior Housing -
About the Organization Woodmont Properties is a regional real
estate company which develops, builds, markets and invests in a
diversified range of real estate, including residential and
commercial properties. Celebrating its 58th year in 2021,
Woodmont's ownership and development experience continues to
advance its pursuit of new opportunities in the real estate
marketplace, while adhering to the long tradition of personal and
corporate integrity. We are honored to be named a NJ Top Workplace,
two years in a row, 2020-2021! Description Join a team that is
rated one of the top places to work in New Jersey, 2 years in a
row, 2020-2021! Join a team that creates great places for people to
live, work, shop, and play! The Vice President, Construction of
Industrial and Senior Housing -manages the pre-construction and
construction process with design professionals and general
contractors to build industrial buildings for Woodmont Industrial
Partners in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and
South Florida, and Woodmont Properties in-house construction of
Senior Housing communities. -For Industrial work, this position
will manage all aspects of the design and oversight of general
contractors of industrial site improvements, buildings, and tenant
improvements.Essential duties and Responsibilities include the
following. -Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinate building plan designs with general contractor,
architects, engineers, and other design consultants. -
- Assist Woodmont Development Team in acquisitions, due
diligence, and obtaining site plan approvals.
- Development specifications for establishing general contractor
contract scope and obtain competitive bids. Negotiate GMP contracts
for hard, site and general conditions.
- Manage general contractors' construction and perform the
following owners' representative responsibilities:
- Attend weekly meetings with GC and review reports and schedule
updates to make sure project is on schedule.
- Visit sites to confirm construction is being installed per plan
and meets quality requirements.
- Provide GC with submittals and specifications for building
components such as approval of interior finishes, dock levelers,
exterior colors etc.
- Assist GC in value engineering of both site and building design
changes to reduce cost and expedite schedule.
- Confirm that GC is coordinating with 3rd party professionals
engaged by Woodmont for plan compliance or unanticipated issues
including but limited to site engineer, geotechnical engineer,
- Review and approve all change orders for EVP approval.
- Review monthly AIA's and approve for EVP approval.
- Manage coordination with Woodmont Industrial executives,
partners and prospective tenants or buyers
- Ensure that the projects meet code compliance with local,
state, and federal regulations for all projects.
- Obtain/prepare final inspection punch list for GC completion
for owner's acceptance and ensure completion to WIP
- Manage GC to obtain release of all project bonds.
- Other duties as required to fully complete building and satisfy
regulatory agency issuesSenior Housing
- Oversee and direct senior housing construction of active adult,
independent living, assisted living and memory care uses.
- Formulate strategy, schedule, and approve methods for
completing major construction tasks.
- Manage and supervise Woodmont Construction Project Managers,
Superintendents, Construction Coordinators, Laborers, Consultants,
- Assist in the review of scopes of work/specifications,
estimates, budgets, and bid packages.
- Oversee, direct, and approve bid analysis, negotiations,
de-scopes final "best prices", purchasing and vendor
- Liaison with vendors, subcontractors, engineers, architects,
surveyors, town officials, town inspectors, and property management
to promote project progress, coordination, and resolve problems and
disputes, as necessary.
- Monitor and track the schedules, job costs, problems, and needs
of each project to measure progress in each area and accelerate
- Visit project sites to assure proper execution of the work and
identify critical path items.
- Maintain Senior Housing team satisfaction and service at a high
level through the Senior Project Manager.
- Review and approve AIAs for payment.
- Approve bond estimates and construction bank loan draws.
- Focus on ways to incur significant savings and increase
- Identify value engineering alternatives.
- Ensure that the Senior Housing division meets code compliance
with local, state, and federal regulations for all projects.
- Work with the Accounting Department for the proper utilization
of the accounting system and to update the cost database on
computer for estimating and purchasing.
- Support Woodmont development team on new project due diligence
- Recommend the use of new materials from a marketing,
construction cost, and time perspective.
- Forecast personnel requirements and allocate personnel based
upon construction schedules.
- Review scopes of work and specifications for specialty
- Ensure construction team is using Procore Construction
Management Software effectively for plan management, manage RFI's
and Submittals, daily logs, photo documentation, safety logs
- Report strategy, progress, and problems, and receive guidance
from EVP of Construction and owners.
- Support contracts manager and estimating department by
providing updated project schedules and supporting
- Perform performance evaluation for construction personnel.
- Hire "A" players and top grade the division.
- Other duties and projects as assigned. Position Requirements
Covid-19 Vaccination PolicyWoodmont Properties requires its team
members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster
shots if required), where applicable under the law, unless they are
approved for a reasonable accommodation based on medical condition
or sincerely upheld religious belief that prevents them from being
- If you are fully vaccinated, you will be required to show proof
of vaccination prior to your first day of employment. For both
1-shot and 2-shot regimens, "fully vaccinated" means at least 14
days have passed since receiving the 2nd shot of a 2-shot regimen,
or 1st shot, after the 1-shot regimen.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a medical
condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a
reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of employment. As
a part of this process, you will be required to provide
documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your
accommodation request is not approved, then your employment may be
terminated.What you bring:
- 10 years' experience working in residential and commercial
- 5 years' experience running a healthcare construction
department of a medium or large size developer and has a track
record of success.
- Knowledge of New Jersey building and construction codes and
regulations, as well as other regulatory standards.
- Construction Experience in:
- Site work - large multiple projects
- Industrial - Including flex buildings of 50,000 square feet to
big box industrial, with 40' high ceilings, up to 1 ML square
- Production Housing
- Multi-family low-rise apartments, condominiums, townhomes,
healthcare, and age-restricted housing using wood frame and
- Tenant Improvements for offices, mezzanines, and other
buildouts in warehouse space.
- Parking Garages
- Estimating, and Buying Experience:
- Thorough understanding of construction plans, details, and
- Designed and implemented systems and procedures for effectively
running a building company.
- Thorough understanding of Health regulatory requirements, and
guidelines and related information.
- Computer literate. Skills include Procore, Excel, Microsoft
ProjectWhat We Offer in Return:
- Competitive pay, bonus and highly competitive benefits
including a medical, dental, and 401k program
- Company culture where ideas and creativity are fostered amongst
all team members
- Generous time off policy
- Outstanding team environment
- Individualized training, mentoring and coaching
- Career development opportunitiesWoodmont Properties is an Equal
Opportunity EmployerPlease note that Woodmont Properties does not
accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from
candidates.Woodmont Properties will not consider unsolicited
referrals and/or resumes from search agencies, staffing agencies,
fee-based referral services, headhunters, and recruitment agencies
(hereinafter 'vendor'). Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to
Woodmont Properties are deemed gratuitous.If any vendor supplies
any job candidate to Woodmont Properties without having signed an
agreement with Woodmont Properties, Woodmont Properties is not
obligated to pay any kind of referral fee to such vendor.Any
resumes submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become
the property of Woodmont Properties and no fee shall be due.
Location Fairfield - Main Office Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time EOE
Statement Woodmont Properties is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on
race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual preference or
orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran
or disabled veteran or any other characteristics protected by the
federal, state or local laws. This position is currently accepting
applications. Executive Vice President of Woodmont Industrial
Partners in Fairfield, NJ
Posted on: 11/2/2021
Project Coordinator, Woodmont Industrial in Fairfield, NJ
Posted on: 10/20/2021
Other Jobs Within 60 Miles Maintenance Technician Floating East
Region in Metuchen, NJ
Posted on: 9/13/2021
Porter in Mount Arlington, NJ
Posted on: 7/19/2021
Maintenance Supervisor in Mount Arlington, NJ
Posted on: 10/28/2021
Payroll Accountant (full time) in Fairfield, NJ
Posted on: 8/27/2021
Accountant in Fairfield, NJ
Posted on: 11/3/2021
Keywords: Woodmont Properties, Fairfield , Vice President, Construction of Industrial and Senior Housing, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!