Network Operations Analyst - NOC
Company: Verism Systems
Posted on: February 20, 2021
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- NOC experience (Network & Infrastructure)
- E xperience monitoring network or related systems
- Facilitating network and infrastructure incidents
- Strong Email writing & verbal communication
- Excellent phone skills (Managing Conference calls/Bridges)
- Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, & web browser
- Experience with web based monitoring tools (Application and
- Ticket management - Incident command, Escalations & tracking
- This is the Eyes on Glass role, which monitors the network
systems and application events.
- Monitor network devices, interfaces and applications through
intelligent devices and automated programs as directed.
- Create and track incident tickets, change requests, work
orders, service requests and assignments as directed.
- Issue initial outage notification event communications as
- Isolate and correlate multiple customer issues identified with
alarms / alerts received to eliminate duplication of events as
- Initiate major outage communication technical bridges as
- Apply fix procedures as instructed for repetitive events as
instructed. Network/System/Application monitoring -
- Monitoring & Scheduling alarms & alerts based on Eyes on Glass,
Initial Outage Mgmt., Notifications, 7x24 hour support.
- Manage alarms and alerts received from existing monitoring
programs with previously defined business rules.
- Monitor network, applications, and systems across the PGE
enterprise for alarms/alerts received from incidents, unauthorized
or failed changes.
- Timely implementation of predefined Playbooks, Run-books, Work
Instructions or Business Rules changes as directed.
- Create/Assign incident tickets based on priority, impact and
complexity to the appropriate fix agents.
- Provide feedback on alarms, Run Books, process efficacy and
knowledgebase to service manage, OSS Tools and operations support
- Escalate incidents as needed if not well-defined by Run Books
or work instructions.
- HS Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- AA in Information Technology or related field or equivalent
work experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, software applications, or
operating support systems desired.
- 1 year experience in telecommunication, internet, or network
operation center environments desired.
- Previous experience working in ticket management systems/
applications (i.e., SMC Remedy), monitoring network devices or
software operating systems desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word,
- Has novice/ basic knowledge of one or more of the following
designated area: IT product line, operational process, Utility
domain (e.g. Gas, Electric, Telecom Network, TCP/ IP),
- Adheres to Work Instructions and/or processes as defined in Run
Books and Playbooks,
- Applies technical skills to resolve incidents of well-defined
scope as specified by procedural guidelines.
- Must be available to work a varied shift schedule in a 7 X 24
hour operations center environment. If interested please respond
with your resume to :rohit(at)verismsystems.com - provided by
Keywords: Verism Systems, Fairfield , Network Operations Analyst - NOC, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!