West Coast Maintenance Specialist
Posted on: August 1, 2020
The West Coast Maintenance Specialist is responsible for providing
technical line support to the Blow Operations Department in all
aspects of the blow mold and downstream equipment by examining and
monitoring current production equipment and developing reliability
solutions so that production lines operate most effectively and
efficiently. This is achieved by performing various analyses to
determine areas in need of improvement and develop reliability and
maintainability solutions to overcome any production challenges. In
this role, the ideal candidate will improve processes, quality,
efficiencies, and productivity in home location as well as two
other facilities. An essential component of the role will include
managing and developing the maintenance team under the direction of
the Plant Maintenance Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems
that adversely affect downstream plant operations including
capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues for blow
molding and downstream area.
- Evaluates machine wellness at the Fairfield plant and is the
key contact person for the packaging department at the plant / West
- Assists in evaluation of other equipment throughout the region
- Perform breakdown analysis and/or root cause analysis
thoroughly and presents findings and solutions to operations
- Directs technical input, solutions and options on improving
productivity, efficiencies, and documented product quality for all
areas of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement programs to eliminate identified
problems, improve labor utilization, upgrade facilities and reduce
- Assist in assessing skills, recommends / provides / organizes
training to ensure personnel are technically competent.
- Assist Plant Maintenance Manager to establish priorities for
maintenance personnel to ensure the effective utilization of all
- Manages the weekly schedule and the Preventative Maintenance
- Participates in PM activities as needed.
- Ensures that PMs are fully complete to meet Amcor
- Verifies that all PM documentation is uploaded accurately in
SAP in a timely manner.
- Assists with machine and PM audits and completes written
- Works with the parts room / MRO team, the Plant Maintenance
Manager and the Plant Operations Managers to ensure that parts are
available in stock as needed.
- Provides input and solutions to improve part deficiencies and
PSPR / PNVL stock level failures.
- Assists with the product changeovers and tracks efficiencies to
develop a plan for improvement.
- Ensures that all signoffs, paperwork and correct parts are
verified for each changeover.
- Verifies that the changeover documentation for Blow Molding and
Packaging are accurate and are being followed.
- Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, and compliance of
an effective CMMS system.
- Ensure that work orders are being entered by task, updated and
- Monitors key CMMS KPI's and develops corrective measures to
- Prepares equipment and related reports as required by the Plant
Maintenance Manager and / or Plant Operations Manager(s).
- Work with other plants in the region to develop a support
escalation strike team.
- Travel as need to other Amcor plants in the region to assist
with maintenance issues (25-50% possible)
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Education: Associates Degree or Technical School. Bachelor
- 10 years of experience in industrial maintenance on Zecchetti
and downstream equipment with previous bottling industry experience
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
Keywords: Amcor, Fairfield , West Coast Maintenance Specialist, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!