Company: Schnitzer Steel
Posted on: March 23, 2020
General Position Summary:
This position will contribute to the production team and help
ensure goals are met safely and efficiently while conforming to all
company policies. The Production Crew will process vehicles in a
safe manner to produce core& scrap products, enable the customers
to pull parts, and satisfy environmental requirements.
- Follow company policy and procedures, as to set the example for
the rest of the team.
- Degarbage: Remove Freon, power steering fluid, power brake
fluid, batteries, excess garbage, and other items as prescribed by
- Drain: Remove gasoline, coolant, waste oil, transfer case oil,
catalytic converters, and other items as prescribed by
- Set& Pull: Place vehicles on wheel stands so customers can
safely access sellable parts. Remove vehicles and clean up the
surrounding area in preparation for the next vehicle set. Other
duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Field Decore: Loosen the motor and transmission mounts. Remove
any remaining tires and selected core items as prescribed by
- Ground Decore: Remove heater cores, copper wire, and other
items as prescribed by procedure. Maintain the crush pad work area
to reduce equipment downtime, harvest cores, and ensure
- Table Decore: Dismantle engines and transmissions. Remove
selected small cores, harvest wire, sort commodity materials, and
other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Tire Dismantling: Use the tire machine to separate rubber tires
and wheels. Remove weights and stems. Sort tires and prepare rims
- Janitor: Collect and harvest core dismantled core materials.
Remove debris. Identify& address safety risks in the customer area.
Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Miscellaneous: Assist customers as needed in a courteous
manner. Review and complete logs for regulatory and tracking
purposes. Maintain and replace storm water control devices. Assist
in the review and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to wear and maintain all prescribed PPE and follow
basic safety practices.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions including
comprehension of basic safety messages and labels (waste oil,
gasoline, flammable, etc.).
- Ability to complete safety, environmental, and code of conduct
- Able to work required hours which may include weekends,
holidays and OT.
- Ability to work efficiently in a variety of weather conditions-
rain, snow, sun, cold- for a full shift.
- Experience in automotive repair or dismantling, preferred but
- Experience with automotive parts and/or retail customers,
preferred but not required.
- Experience with tools and machinery, preferred but not
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required
regularly to perform customer care, production, and
environmental/safety responsibility functions.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50
pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the facility, clean by mopping,
sweeping, etc. as required.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada
applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all
U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or
any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This
applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry,
veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or any other protected status under local,
state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel, Fairfield , Production Crew, Professions , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!