Senior Credit Administrator
Company: Westamerica Bancorporation
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Manages the Division's commercial loan portfolio that includes review, analysis, approval, management and collection activities. Assists in underwriting and monitoring business loans secured either asset based and/or by real estate and larger consumer loans secured by real estate. Responsible for the credit quality, yield and portfolio mix. Position requires the supervision, creation implementation and management of the Bank's commercial credit policies and procedures. Serves as the department's Business Unit Compliance Officer.
* Manages the Bank's commercial and industrial loan portfolio that includes commercial & 40% industrial (C&l), commercial term real estate (CRE), construction, agricultural, municipal lease and consumer loan types. Responsibilities include credit review, approval, portfolio management (hub oversight and supervision) structuring larger complex credits and collection activities. Approves loans within assigned lending limits. Recommends loans over assigned credit limits.
* Assists in underwriting and monitoring all commercial business loans secured wholly or in part 10% by business assets and/or real estate. Assists in underwriting collateral-dependent real estate secured consumer loans in excess of $150,000.
* Originates, underwrites and approves, within lending limits, municipal lease facilities and 5% supervises portfolio in compliance with governmental accounting and tax code.
* Serves as the department's Business Unit Compliance Officer. Maintains a strong working 20% knowledge of all laws and regulations affecting designated areas of responsibility. Keeps abreast of new and changing laws and regulations. As needed, formulates and updates policies and procedures/job aids which incorporate regulatory requirements and disseminates information to employees. Assists division management with the development and implementation of a comprehensive compliance risk assessment. Ensures internal controls that mitigate compliance risk are established, maintained, and applied in practice. Completes assigned compliance training courses, BCG, and Bank regulating agencies' training affecting designated areas of responsibility and disseminates the information, as appropriate, with colleagues and employees. Participates in the Regulatory Compliance Committee meetings. Member of the Consumer Complaint Committee.
* Supervises account officers' reviews and reporting of loans to ensure early identification of potential problem assets.
* Provides technical support to branches, credit hub lending personnel and Senior Management in structuring commercial business credit facilities.
* Provides direct technical support in the drafting and implementation of regulatory policy and procedures for the Credit Division inclusive of all product types.
* Manages special projects as assigned by senior management including merger and acquisition due diligence, loan participations and syndications, and tax credit investment underwriting for either loans and/or investments.
* Participates in other special projects and performs other job related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE. PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Requires senior level work experience in direct/indirect consumer and mortgage lending, and asset-based lending where the incumbent has gained an in-depth knowledge of current mortgage and consumer product markets, government regulations, compliance and fair lending standards associated with lending and servicing activities.
* Thorough knowledge of commercial lending, documentation and foreclosure procedures; extensive title knowledge, including escrows, liens and endorsements.
* In-depth work experience of consumer lending including business laws and banking regulations.
* Bachelor's degree in finance, or business-related field required.
* Incumbents must have excellent communication, interpersonal, business development and organizational skills.
* Sitting and/or working with computers for extensive periods of time.
* Works extended hours attending various business meetings.
* Drives to various locations to visit branches and meet with customers.
* Maintain constant awareness of internal and external market conditions, industry, trends and products in order to profitably direct the activities of the company.
* Read and interpret regulatory and investor guidelines, identify credit policies which will reduce risk while maximizing profits.
* Interpret financial measures to determine economic soundness of current policies and objectives.
* Translate strategic goals into specific divisional objectives.
* Develop policies and procedures, which promote business opportunities and meet regulatory requirements.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM FUNCTIONS:
* Computer, telephone, fax, automobile, copier, printer, calculator.
* Identify and direct the pursuit of profitable business opportunities.
* Determine how changes in regulatory requirements will impact current operations and develop procedures which comply with these rulings.
* Identify potential investment opportunities.
* Approve or decline major programs commercial risks.
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00
Keywords: Westamerica Bancorporation, Fairfield , Senior Credit Administrator, Other , Fairfield, California
here to apply!