Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recycling Coordinator develops and
implements recycling and diversion programs and assists in the
promotion of the Company's recycling efforts. The Recycling
Coordinator works directly with the Company's customer base via
telephone, onsite visits, events, trade shows and outreach
educational programs to identify and educate them on proper
recycling techniques to improve the quality of materials received
at our Recycling Center(s).
* Monitors and evaluates existing commercial and special event
recycling programs and makes recommendations for educational and
* Coordinates and provides input and strategic guidance regarding
the customer collection schedule with the Operations
* Creates, develops and implements food waste recycling outreach
programs and collateral material for use in promoting food waste
education, recycling, and diversion to schools and businesses
within the market service area. Drafts, organizes and conducts
classroom presentations and responds to inquiries about recycling
and other waste reduction programs.
* Drafts, compiles and disseminates communications to customers to
assist them in eliminating materials that contaminate recycling
* Creates or assists in the creation of the Company newsletter,
semi-annual/annual reports, brochures, pamphlets, ads, slide shows,
and other related Company publications for internal and external
* Performs commercial waste audits/assessments and recommends
service levels for waste and recycling. Conducts and participates
in waste characterization studies upon request. Provides customers
written reports of findings and recommendations.
* Compiles statistics for contractual food waste recycling tonnage
reports, analyzes data for accuracies and trends. Analyzes monthly
reports on outreach activities and maintains a calendar of
* Participates in researching the availability of grants and other
funding sources for recycle and waste reduction projects and
assists in securing applicable funds.
* Builds relationships and increases Company visibility to promote
recycling and diversion programs through participation in community
events, trade shows, chamber of commerce meetings and other
applicable events, as necessary as the Company's
* Organizes and completes proactive scheduled phone block
activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with
* Utilizes the Company's tracking and customer based tools on a
daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops
robust information profiles on current customer base to facilitate
and ensure proper recycling habits.
* Schedules and conducts tours of local transfer stations,
landfills or other facilities.
* Performs other job-related duties, as required.
* Bachelor's degree in public administration, business
administration, environmental management or related field.
* Experience in communication, business/economic or professional
* Experience managing websites and using social media.
* Ability to organize, manage and control workflow of concurrent
* Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to and
* Ability to motivate employees to volunteer for community events
and establish effective working relationships with office staff,
city officials, community and business groups and general
* Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate to all
levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
* Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
* Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
* Excellent self-motivation skills; strong work ethic.
* Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at
* Service oriented; actively looks for ways to help people.
* High School diploma or G.E.D.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role that
includes identifying and addressing customer needs.
* Valid driver's license.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Fairfield , Recycling Coordinator, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!