Company: Amcor Rigid Packaging Fairfield
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Stockroom Coordinator monitors and directs the stockroom and
purchasing activities to ensure that parts and supplies are
available when needed. This is achieved by timely ordering and
receiving; outstanding supply issues are followed up on and
resolved, the SAP system contains accurate parts information, the
stockroom is organized using lean manufacturing processes, and
ensuring inventory records are correct. The incumbent will directly
assist the Continuous Improvement Manager in driving continuous
improvement through lean activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that packages are picked up from the shipping department
1x a day and as needed.
- Ensure parts are received in SAP/Ariba daily and placed in
designated bin locations.
- Identify and address issues with pack counts, descriptions, and
- Identify and address issues with process compliance.
- Ensure that requisitions are being converted to purchase
- Ensure requestors are being notified when parts
- Monitor the park list and ensure items are addressed in a
- Create new work instructions or procedures as needed to improve
department accuracy and efficiency for Manager review and
- Follow all Accounting and Purchasing procedures as published by
Amcor PET Packaging.
- Manage parts in SAP by requesting SAP numbers for new parts,
upgrading descriptions as needed, transferring parts to new numbers
as old numbers become obsolete, and ensuring Information Record
- Ensure parts are issued out properly through SAP by
- Provide employee training in processes and systems as
Organize Storeroom Areas
- Maintain an organized storeroom by creating locations for new
or additional parts and /or relocating parts as required and
conducting housekeeping as needed or required.
- Label bins using a numbering system and label larger parts as
well as their location.
- Remove obsolete parts as identified.
- Ensure area is maintained on a weekly basis - sweeping,
mopping, and general cleaning
- Work with Maintenance Planner on kitting and maintaining parts
Cycle Counting / Materials Inventory
- Assists in monthly cycle count reconciliation using SAP with a
goal of 98%-unit accuracy.
- Solicit involvement of maintenance mechanics in performing and
- Maintain an accurate list of items being stocked by
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree with one to
three years related experience with MRO inventory receiving and
- Experience in lean manufacturing processes is a plus
- Exceptional computer skills, including previous experience with
- Forklift certification is a plus
- maintenance management system SAP experience is desired, but
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of machine parts and maintenance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- High School / GED
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Keywords: Amcor Rigid Packaging Fairfield, Fairfield , Stockroom Coordinator, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!