Clinical Nurse II - Labor & Delivery Unit (Nights)
Company: NorthBay Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
At NorthBay Health as a Registered Nurse on the Labor & Delivery
Unit you will provide safe, effective, quality, excellent nursing
care to our patients following Jean Watson's Theory of Caring, the
Relationship Based Care, and the NorthBay's professional nursing
practice model. You will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
for all patients assigned to your care. You will also use a
therapeutic professional relationship with the patient and their
family along with your interdisciplinary team to facilitate the
promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health for the patient.
The NorthBay Way principles consisting of Caring, Communication,
Collaboration, and Competence are values exhibited daily.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional registered
- Nursing degree of BSN level or higher is required. -(excludes
grandfathered employees) - License and Certifications:
- Valid, -current and unencumbered RN license by the State of
- Current AHA or AHA equivalent BLS -required. -ACLS within one
year of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider Course required within 4 months
- National nursing certification is preferred - Experience,
Knowledge, and Skills:
- Six months acute care RN experience required.
- One year of L&D RN experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrates skills in the following areas including but not
limited to: advanced patient assessment specifically labor
assessments, vaginal examinations, safe utilization of medications,
electronic fetal monitoring interpretation, care of the antepartum
patient, newborn assessment during the transition period and
surgical skills such as circulating and OB surgical recovery.
- The RN provides care to women who are within the child bearing
age range (from 11-45 years of age) and to newborns during the
- Competent to circulate for c-sections within 6 months of
- Competent to perform OB surgical recovery within 3-6 months of
hire depending on previous experience. -
- Twenty hours of breastfeeding education that meets the Baby
Friendly/WHO/Unicef curriculum requirements within 3 months of hire
(original certificates of completion no further than 2 years of
date of hire). -
- Proficient written, verbal, and electronic communication
skills. - - Other: -
- The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication,
Collaboration, and Competence. All candidates will be able to
demonstrate these values. -
- All RNs in the Patient Care -Services Department are required
to wear Graphite (Dark Gray) colored -scrubs per the professional
appearance policy. - #northbay
Keywords: NorthBay Health, Fairfield , Clinical Nurse II - Labor & Delivery Unit (Nights), Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!