Senior System Engineer - Identity Mgmt/AD/Azure Cloud Services
Company: Avenu Insights & Analytics
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job Summary:Avenu maintains a growing footprint in the Azure
Cloud Environment. In this challenging role that requires senior
knowledge and experience across many facets of cloud and
traditional IT technology Avenu Insights is looking for a qualified
candidate to lead a team of seasoned administrators in this
technical domain. This includes Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and
2019, Windows Active Directory as well as Azure AD integration and
security as well as migrating other on premises systems to scalable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver proactive and reactive support including
onsite presence as needed (post Covid restrictions).
- Work within and lead a team of administrators to strengthen
customer relationships and work on cloud-first strategies for
immediate and long-term operational service delivery plans.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across Azure Cloud
(Gov and Commercial) to support customer solutions, health,
performance, and availability.
- Work with support teams, engineering teams, business units and
other stakeholders to ensure and support a collaborative and
streamlined approach to creative solutions.
- Responsible for the Identity Management technical domain (TDO),
ensuring continuous improvement and thought leadership in the
space. Drive operational maturity via process improvements,
re-design, and technical thought leadership
- Apply lessons learned for continuous process and delivery
improvement for the customer.
- Engage in meetings with customers and other teams to articulate
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Server products and
- Certification in Microsoft Cloud Technologies and
- Experience in integrating on-premises Active Directory with
Azure AD (e.g., Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Federation
- Envision and deploy modern identity solutions (e.g., Azure AD
Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure AD
Privileged Identity Management, Azure AD External Identities,
Identity Governance, Azure AD Application Proxy).
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Security services
(e.g., Microsoft Defender, Azure Information Protection, Microsoft
Cloud App Security, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Azure
Security Center, Azure Log Analytics).
- Excellent customer service skills, good oral and written
communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and
sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically
charged customer situations, lead projects and motivate
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills,
while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT
professionals, developers, architects, and executive management
3+ years of Identity related experience with more than one of the
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services.
- Active Directory Federation Services.
- Azure Active Directory.
- SAML and OID
- Demonstrated Thought Leadership
Certification Requirements:Certifications in the relevant
technologies including but not limited to:Microsoft Azure
AdministratorMicrosoft Identity and Access Administrator
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate as the employee works in an office setting, at an
individual work station, using telephone and computer
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for most of the
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a printer/copy machine
- This position needs to occasionally move about inside the
- The person in this position frequently communicates via
Avenu Summary: Avenu provides local governments with ways to
achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels
modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded
programs. Avenu's revenue enhancement and administrative solutions
find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and
counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal
posture enables governments to deliver expected services and
sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position
will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin,
sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying
physical handicap, and age.
Keywords: Avenu Insights & Analytics, Fairfield , Senior System Engineer - Identity Mgmt/AD/Azure Cloud Services, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!