Machine Operator II - 2nd Shift
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 22, 2022
United States of America
HCA09: Mission Sys (Propulsion) 3530 Branscombe Road , Fairfield,
CA, 94533 USA
This position is a technical position, which requires working with
hazardous chemicals and transforming them into. The Machine
Operator performs many of the propellant machining operations under
close supervision of the Supervisor and/or Group Leader. The job
entails using mills, lathes, and CNC equipment and measuring
instruments such as micrometers, calipers and scales; and
dismantling and cleaning all tools and equipment used.
* This position is for 2nd shift.
* Monday-Thursday 4:00 PM - 2:30 AM.
* Overtime available on a business need basis.
* $25.00/hr Starting Rate (1.5x per hour after 8 hours per day)
* $1.85/hr Shift Differential
* $2,500 Sign On Bonus
* Eligible for Annual Increases
* Opportunities for Advancement
* Competitive Benefits Package, including first day Medical
* Ample prep work and critical set up and tear down of casting
tubes and tooling.
* Operate numerous and differing complex equipment both manually
and remotely via HMI.
* Routine daily setup of complex machine lathes, drills, and other
* Must conduct routine TPM, basic maintenance, and careful logging
of process parameters on work orders and data sheets.
* Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and
balances, remote monitoring software perform basic calculations and
record on proper documentation. Be alert to recognizing problems
with any of this equipment, and notify their group leader or
supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making
* Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively
* Handle large amounts of energetic propellant, propellant dust,
and propellant chips in accordance with safety regulations, while
maintaining exact inventory.
* Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or
group leader in strict accordance with written procedures
* Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous
waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
* Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, Propellant Job
Traveler, and Drawings with guidance from engineering and the
* Cleanup of various machines, tooling, and areas from chemicals
* In-plant transportation, storage, and disposal of hazardous
* Understands document revisions and standards governing
documenting procedures. Stamps operations, reads MP prior to
starting work and any other documented instructions without
* Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage log, data sheet,
etc.) without oversight.
* High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high
school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Ability to read and understand English.
Able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds several times per hour.
* Able to become respirator fit tested for safe operations
* Able to concentrate on the task at hand for extensive periods of
* Minimum 1 year of explosive or chemical manufacturing or handling
experience is preferred.
* Basic mathematics, reading and comprehension, and written and
oral communication skills.
* Two years energetic materials processing, manufacturing, and/or
* Mechanical aptitude highly preferred.
* Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and
Microsoft Word preferred.
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and
simultaneously maintain proper documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Can perform basic functions with the assistance of a certified
* Performs other duties as required and available for overtime as
* Experience with operating human machine interface (HMI) software
to operate equipment and monitor control bands to detect and
prevent defects from occurring in real time a plus.
* Frequent work with average to heavy-weight materials, and
frequent standing/sitting for long periods.
* Frequent exposure to chemicals, noise, oils, solvents, greases,
and energetic materials used in conjunction with the casting
* Some exposure to potential hazards due to the relatively large
quantity of chemicals, explosives and other materials used, and
occasional hand-processing of raw explosives and chemicals while
wearing a respirator.
* Overtime frequently required on short notice in order to meet
Sign On Bonus Eligibility: Only external candidates have the
potential to receive a Sign On Bonus. All eligibility requirements
must be met to receive the Sign On Bonus. Contact Talent
Acquisition for details.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers\ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact
stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace,
our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government
customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and
wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent
and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized
aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By
joining our team, you\ll have your own critical part to play in
ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs
for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a
multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best
results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are
committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with
each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that\s redefining aerospace,
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Fairfield , Machine Operator II - 2nd Shift, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!