Company: Partnership HealthPlan of California
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Under the direction of the Organizational Development Manager,
this position: designs and develops innovative and engaging
eLearning and Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses; administers
training courses to Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHC)
staff; and performs other duties as assigned. Responsibilities
Designs and develops innovative and engaging eLearning and
Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses, with duties including but
not limited to:
- Develops/updates curriculum, training materials, videos, and
guides using appropriate instructional design modalities and
- Works alongside subject matter experts (SMEs) at all levels of
the organization to ensure delivery of accurate and timely
- Works with and leads SMEs through group facilitation to gather
course content, then designs, develops, and implements classroom
and eLearning trainings.
- Writes behavioral objectives, tests, training methodology, and
course materials using instructional design theories and
- Applies alternative training mediums and methods (self-study,
online, blended, simulations) to increase training effectiveness
and to accommodate distance learning, learning style, and cultural
- Works with internal departments to conduct performance and
needs analysis for identification of training needs using
performance consulting techniques and tools.
- Collaborates with internal departments for development of
training programs that support business initiatives.
- Coordinates and/or delivers training programs, using
appropriate instructional methods, techniques, materials, and
- Develops tools to evaluate and measure training
- Modifies training curriculum, as appropriate, based upon the
results of training effectiveness metrics and quality review
- Designs content utilizing principles of design with a very
strong focus in organization/layout of information.
- Designs eLearning modules, training materials, videos, and
guides with an eye for professional aesthetic design and focus on
the overall user experience of each course.
- Coordinates with the HRIS Administrator to post and update
course materials, evaluations, and other resources, as needed.
Responsible for administering training courses to PHC staff, with
duties including but not limited to:
- Designs, delivers, and/or coordinates ILT or eLearning training
initiatives, in partnership with other Training & Development (TD)
staff, using appropriate instructional methods, techniques,
materials, and equipment.
- Follows ADDIE model or similar instructional design process on
all training projects.
- Modifies training programs, as appropriate, based upon the
results of training effectiveness metrics and quality review
- Identifies and accommodates, where possible, special training
- Travels to regional offices to deliver training, as needed.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains training project plans for developed
courses; reviews trainings routinely to update and revise, as
- Evaluates and monitors training participants' results and
provides participants and management with data and feedback on
- Backs up the HRIS Administrator on LMS Administration, as
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications Education and Experience Bachelor's degree or
equivalent training experience in instructional design, computer
science, engineering, business administration, or related field
experience; minimum of three (3) years of experience in designing,
developing, and delivering in-person and online training courses;
or any combination of education and experience which would provide
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Experience working
in a health care setting strongly preferred. Certification in
instructional design or performance consulting strongly preferred.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications Working knowledge of
and expertise in the operation of general office equipment
including personal computer and computer software programs such as
Windows-based tools and applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and Outlook. Knowledge of instructional design best practice
models, adult learning theories, and behavioral-based learning
objectives is required. Knowledge and experience with eLearning
tools and internet technology, including in-depth proficiency in MS
PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or other rapid
eLearning and video development software/tools is required.
Knowledge and experience with Adobe Flash is a plus. Knowledge of
the California Medi-Cal program or Managed Care preferred.
Experience in the development of technical training programs and
end-user documentation. Valid California driver's license and proof
of current automobile insurance compliant with PHC policy are
required to operate a vehicle and travel for company business.
Performance Based Competencies Strong ability to give clear
direction and sequence information both written and verbally, so
others can follow and understand. Ability to manage an environment
that fosters learning and engagement, including understanding
instructional design techniques to keep eLearning training engaging
and motivating. Ability to manage group dynamics during in-person,
video conferencing, and/or webinars. Ability to accurately
prioritize, plan, and monitor goals, objectives, deadlines, and
complete multiple tasks within established timeframes. Ability to
analyze complex systems/ information and translate that into a
comprehensible in-person and/or eLearning training format. Ability
to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working
relationships with PHC staff and others contacted in the course of
the work. Highly effective presentation, facilitation, and
questioning skills with a strong ability to provide clarification
and feedback. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and
in writing. Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good
judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the
position. Ability to think and work effectively under pressure.
Ability to maintain confidentiality. Work Environment And Physical
Demands Ability to use a computer keyboard. More than 70% of work
time is spent in front of a computer monitor. Ability to lift,
carry, or move objects of varying size, weighing up to 10 lbs. ll
HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan's policies and procedures, as they may
from time to time be updated. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE The job
duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience,
educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in
this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of
the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer
reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and
to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or
conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work
Keywords: Partnership HealthPlan of California, Fairfield , Instructional Designer, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!