Licensed Mental Health Clinician (LCSW or LMFT) for JBCT Program
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"OverviewUnder the direction of the
Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or
higher licensed health professional, the Jail Based Competency
Treatment (JBCT) Clinician is a licensed, Masters prepared
clinician (LMFT/LCSW) who is primarily responsible for the clinical
support component of the JBCT program. The Clinician will utilize
multiple therapeutic techniques (eg: CBT, MBSR, etc.) to lead
daily/weekly psycho-educational groups which support competency
restoration (eg: anxiety management). The Clinician is the primary
clinical staff and also meets individually with patients on a
daily/weekly basis to support treatment and facilitate mental
stability, as it relates to competency restoration and overall
well-being.Additional Details$3K Sign On Bonus!! Licensed Mental
Health Clinician: LCSW or LMFT "The Jail Based Competency Treatment
(JBCT) programs are a special collaboration between Sheriff's
Offices, the CA Department of State Hospitals (DSH), and Wellpath.
The purpose of the program is to offer competency restoration
treatment to patients who are Incompetent to Stand Trial (IST), so
that they can proceed in their court case, and move on with their
lives. However, the DSH has historically long wait times and bed
shortages for this treatment, resulting in longer than reasonable
wait times for patients to begin treatment. Therefore, the DSH,
local Sheriff's Offices, and Wellpath have partnered to deliver the
program in the jails to reduce the wait times for patients to begin
treatment. The JBCT programs are a "mini psychiatric state
hospital" embedded within the jail, and patients receive treatment
in a more timely manner than if they had to wait for a bed in the
hospital. The JBCT Program treatment includes all the same things
as in the DSH facilities: daily competency training groups, daily
psychoeducational groups, weekly individual meetings for clinical
support and educational tutoring, medication management,
psychological assessment, social milieu time, incentives, and much
more! Wellpath is proud of its JBCT programs, and believes that the
JBCT programs embody Wellpath's mission: To Hope and
- Master's Degree with associated licensure as a LMFT, LCSW or
related discipline and one + years' experienceExperience:
- Knowledge of 1370/IST patients and treatment and patients with
major mental illnessesLicenses/Certifications:
- LMFT or LCSW
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance throughout the
course of employment.
- Must pass background investigation conducted by the Company
and/or Facility as a requisite for initial and or continued
- May be required to undergo reasonable suspicion testing for
being under the influence of controlled substances, including
prescription, legal, and illegal substances, including
- Must undergo security training and orientation on Facility
Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must follow county facility policies and
- Strict adherence to DSH and company Policy & Procedure
(P&P) Manual as it relates to the duties of the Clinician.
- Hold daily, individual (1:1) sick calls and conduct
weekly/daily psycho-educational groups for mentally ill and IST
- Obtain medication history, verify current medication, consult
with medical provider/psychiatrist to continue psychotropic
medications, and discuss conditions falling outside protocol
- Follow Department of State Hospital Policies and Procedures for
patient admissions, transfers, and discharges; assist the JBCT
psychologist with producing timely court reports; work
cooperatively with jail custody staff and JBCT Deputy.
- Work supportively with the Sheriff's Office team and foster
positive relationships between staff and Sheriff's
- Develop and regularly update treatment plans and participate in
a weekly, multi-disciplinary Treatment Team meeting.
- Facilitate individual (1:1) clinical contacts with patients to
support psycho-social progress, as it relates to competency (e.g.:
cognitive-behavioral techniques, anger/anxiety management,
- Coordinate discharge planning and aftercare plans through
available community resources.
- Document all findings in patient's record providing written
summaries of history and treatment course or other documentation
requirements as outlined by company and Facility.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Skillful in group facilitation
- Leadership and management experience
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care methods and
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and
procedures and willingness to follow them at all times
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not
limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Office products and
Electronic Medical Record system
- Ability to touch type on a keyboard, operate basic office
equipment including but not limited to using mouse and/or stylus to
do electronic health documentation records
- Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and the blood
borne pathogen rules
- Identifies problems in a timely manner and skillfully gathers
and analyzes information then practically and creatively resolves
- Maintains a professional attitude while communicating and
speaking with colleagues, patients and clients at all times,
maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, and
exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Speaks effectively and professionally, speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates
group presentation skills.
- Develops professionally written communications, edits work for
spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and can
read and interpret written information.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently,
and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Follows through with commitments, is consistently at work and
on time, can be counted on by others, is continuously productive,
follows instructions, responds to management direction, and
solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Promotes and personally observes safety and security
procedures, uses equipment and materials properly and takes
necessary action to report incidences.
- Compliant with job applicable license(s) and/or
certification(s), attends staff meetings and all required monthly,
quarterly and annual trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: Wellpath, Fairfield , Licensed Mental Health Clinician (LCSW or LMFT) for JBCT Program, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!