JBCT Program Director & Clinician for the Solano County Jails
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Under the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA),
Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed health professional, the
Program Director is a licensed, Masters prepared clinician, a
licensed Psychologist, or a Registered Psychological Assistant who
is responsible for the oversight of the Jail Based Competency
Treatment (JBCT) program. The Program Director will provide
supervision to staff, be the primary designee for communications
between JBCT stakeholders (the Sheriff's Office, Department of
State Hospitals (DSH), the courts, etc.), monitor program outcomes
and success, and maintain Policy & Procedure adherence.
For Licensed Clinical Mental Health Professionals. "The Jail Based
Competency Treatment (JBCT) programs are a special collaboration
between Sheriff's Offices, the CA Department of State Hospitals
(DSH), and Wellpath. The purpose of the program is to offer
competency restoration treatment to patients who are Incompetent to
Stand Trial (IST), so that they can proceed in their court case,
and move on with their lives. However, the DSH has historically
long wait times and bed shortages for this treatment, resulting in
longer than reasonable wait times for patients to begin treatment.
Therefore, the DSH, local Sheriff's Offices, and Wellpath have
partnered to deliver the program in the jails to reduce the wait
times for patients to begin treatment. The JBCT programs are a
"mini psychiatric state hospital" embedded within the jail, and
patients receive treatment in a more timely manner than if they had
to wait for a bed in the hospital. The JBCT Program treatment
includes all the same things as in the DSH facilities: daily
competency training groups, daily psychoeducational groups, weekly
individual meetings for clinical support and educational tutoring,
medication management, psychological assessment, social milieu
time, incentives, and much more! Wellpath is proud of its JBCT
programs, and believes that the JBCT programs embody Wellpath's
mission: To Hope and Healing."
- Education associated with licensure as a LMFT, LCSW, PSY/ PhD,
or registration as a Psychological Assistant or related
- One + years of experience
- Knowledge of 1370/IST patients and treatment
- Leadership and management experience
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- LMFT, LCSW, PSY/ PhD, or registration as a Psychological
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance throughout the
course of employment.
- Provide general oversight and assure program compliance to
align with the DSH and Policy & Procedure (P&P) Manual.
- Act as the primary designee to communicate with JBCT partners
such as the DSH, Sheriff's Office and local courts.
- Work cooperatively with the Sheriff's Office team and foster
supportive relationships between staff and Sheriff's
- Conduct monthly audits with the support of the Administrative
Assistant to guarantee program compliance and ensure all timely
data deliverables and court reports.
- Manage personnel corrective action with the assistance of the
- Lead the weekly Treatment Team meeting, review patient
Treatment Plans, and provide leadership as it relates to patient
admissions, transfers, discharges, etc.
- Complete the initial DSH Screening Form for incoming patients
and waitlisted patients, after reviewing the PMU commitment
- Read, approve, and sign-off of all reports and communications
going to court.
- Provide clinical support to the Clinician and Trainer, as
- Regularly attend groups within the milieu to ensure program
adherence and sound delivery of clinical treatment and ensure
milieu schedule adherence.
- Coordinate IMO/ALJ processes, as needed.
- Fill in for Clinician and/or Trainer as needed to include daily
sick calls, daily or weekly psych- educational groups, daily or
weekly competency educational training groups, etc.
- Document all findings in inmate's record providing written
summaries of history and treatment course or other documentation
requirements as outlined by company and facility, as needed.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Fairfield , JBCT Program Director & Clinician for the Solano County Jails, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!