Production Machine Operator
Company: Macro Plastics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
IPL Macro, a division of IPL, is currently recruiting for a
high-performing Machine Operator in Fairfield, CA.
IPL Macro is the worlds largest manufacturer of bulk plastic
containers. Based in Northern California with sales and
manufacturing facilities located worldwide, providing innovative
business solutions for the agricultural, food processing, retail,
and industrial markets.
This position performs manufacturing and inspections functions
during production. A key part of this position will be meeting
established safety practices, quality standards, production output
and machine preventative maintenance. This position is also
required to operate a forklift to assist in product movement.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain knowledge of product quality plans; check for flaws,
blemishes, discoloration, burn marks and warping
- Assemble product in accordance with quality plan; assemble
feet, cor-plugs and card holders as needed.
- Emboss product when required; ensure a quality embossing
- Perform inspection of each part to quality plan
- Notify supervisor of any suspect quality issues.
- Transport product into inventory in a safe manner; [using
- Stack and package product in accordance with quality plan and
- Assist in routine preventive maintenance on mold and
- Assist in lubing molds.
- Provide input to improve processes and procedures.
- Maintain safe workplace and ensure that safety policies are
- Report safety concerns and hazards to your supervisor.
- Performs all procedures for the shredder/grinder
- Ensures all required personal protection equipment [PPE] is
accessible and properly worn and appropriate safety procedures are
followed for the shedder/grinder area.
- Responsible for sorting and segregating material for grinder
- Performs daily production of shedder/grinder to generate
re-grind for manufacturing.
- Monitor and maintain the grinder to prevent overload.
- Production documentation is accurate and completed.
- Responsible for all shutdown procedures; prior to shift end,
ensures everything is properly cleaned, and ready for the next
- Keeps the regrind area and surrounding yard clean of debris
- Assist in clean-up of manufacturing areas.
- Change screens on Extrusion Line.
- Start/Stop Extrusion Line.
- React to alarms on Extrusion Line HMI.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety & Sustainability Expectations
- Follow all Safety Processes
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Forklift Driver Certification a plus.
Working Experience Nature & Length
- 0 to 3 years experience working in a manufacturing machine
Additional qualifications competency requirements
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Able to get along with others and work in a team
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Must also have the capability to work with very close
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment that
requires contact with high noise and heat levels, dust, grease, oil
and other substances.
- Willingness to work outside.
- Must follow safe work practices, including required personal
- Must be able to lift, push, pull frequently, and maneuver at
least 100 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
- $16.50+ (Based on Experience)
- 12-hour shift means you work 7 days in 2 weeks and still earn
28+ hours of OT per check.
- Great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
match, Vacation time and more!
IPL Macro, a division of IPL provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, IPL Macro complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Macro Plastics, Fairfield , Production Machine Operator, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!