Company: Westamerica Bancorporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered
in California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our
winning team. We reached our current strength because our
employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same
fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services
with a superior customer service guarantee.
The BSA Manager/Officer provides program support for the BSA
Manager/Officer and Department in support of the Bank's BSA
- Maintain and review the BSA and Office of Foreign Assets
Control (OFAC) monitoring system to assure that it has appropriate
tools to identify suspicious or fraudulent activities.
- Monitor the Bank's compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
laws and recognize suspicious activities related to money
laundering, terrorist financing and illegal activity.
- Ensure adherence to various banking laws and regulations.
- Assist the BSA Officer with setting the strategic vision of the
BSA/AML program. This role is also intended to provide operational
support to the BSA Officer on all day-to-day matters.
- Ensure employees have the access, knowledge, training and
resources required to maintain BSA/AML compliance in their
respective areas of operation.
- Manage projects covering a wide spectrum of areas, from
assisting business units in developing efficient BSA/AML processes
that appropriately identify risk and adhere to bank-wide policy.
Assist the BSA Officer with all BSA/AML/OFAC risk for the Bank's
Merchant Acquiring Division assessments for new and enhanced
product and service development enterprise wide, including
assessing inherent risk and exposure as well as applicable control
environment or control enhancements needed for viable execution and
launch of products and services.
- Assists in maintaining sound high-risk merchant monitoring
controls by applying knowledge of transaction laundering
methodologies as well as bankcard payment operator network (e.g.,
Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover) rules
- Maintain a current awareness of the regulatory environment and
emerging regulatory and financial crime risks that may impact the
bank's products/services, and BSA/AML controls.
- 5+ years of experience in BSA/AML/KYC and OFAC matters in a
bank setting, as well as financial products and services and bank
- 5+ years of management experience supervising employees
- Experience conducting financial crime investigations, money
laundering monitoring and/or other related BSA/AML experience
- Banking, operations, BSA & USA Patriot acts background
including performing EDD reviews on complex relationships
- Prior successful interaction with federal bank examiners
- Direct experience with sanctions compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, economics, business, accounting
or a related field of study
- Well-organized, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of merchant acquiring business preferred
- CAMS certification
- Master's Degree in concentrating in finance, economics,
business, accounting or a related field of study
Keywords: Westamerica Bancorporation, Fairfield , BSA Manager/Officer, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!