Field Case Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CorVel Corporation is hiring a caring, self-motivated, energetic
and independent registered nurse to fill a Medical Case Manager
position in Vallejo/Vacaville/East Bay/ Oakland/ Napa/ Fairfield,
Work from home, and on the road. Monday - Friday, regular
As a Medical Case Manager you will make a meaningful difference
in the lives of injured workers and their families. Your
responsibilities include working closely with injured workers to
facilitate their recovery. You will work collaboratively with the
patient, their family, medical providers, members of our team, and
others. This is a heavy local travel role responsible for working
with a caseload of workers compensation injured workers within a
About CorVel - Medical Case Managers
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work company, is a national
provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the
workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically
traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual
investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the
most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a
stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and
plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people
working across the United States embrace our core values of
Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time
regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental,
Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible
Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and
Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off. In
addition, Medical Case Managers are eligible for bonus and will be
provided state-of-the-art technological devices to ensure ready
access to CorVel's proprietary Case Management application,
enabling staff to retrieve documents on the go and log activities
as they occur.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Medical Case Management to individuals through in
person and telephonic communications with the patient, physician,
other health care providers, employer and others.
- Utilizes their medical and nursing knowledge to discuss the
current treatment plan with the physician and discuss alternate
- Evaluates patient's treatment plan for appropriateness, medical
necessity, and cost effectiveness.
- Provides assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
- Attends doctors, other providers, home and in some cases,
- Attends hospital and/or long-term facility discharge planning
conferences, et cetera for the purpose of determining
appropriateness of care and developing an effective long-term care
strategy. Initial home visit for initial evaluation.
- Implements care such as negotiation the delivery of durable
medical equipment and nursing services.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills in a
high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Experience as a RN, Medical Case Manager is ideal, or a
clinical background in orthopedics, neurology, or rehabilitation is
- Ability to meet with the patient, their physicians, other
healthcare providers, attorneys, and advisors/clients and
- A cost containment background, such as utilization review or
managed care is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN Licensure in state of operation.
- Certification as a CCM, CIRS, or other Case Management
certifications are preferred.
- This position requires local, distance or otherwise regular
travel via vehicle. A valid driver's license, reliable
transportation, and ability to travel to assigned locations is
Keywords: CorVel, Fairfield , Field Case Manager, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!