Director of Supply Planning
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Director of Supply Planning is responsible for orchestrating
end-to-end Service / Inventory work-process including reporting and
continuous improvement (Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle) across functions,
businesses and sites.
Works effectively across the organization, acting as the liaison
between MUS and sourcing sites, driving alignment and compliance to
the end-to-end Supply Chain Strategy, as well as directing
activities related to the supply plan within S&OP (ie.
Step3/Supply Reviews) in order to achieve targeted customer service
levels and planned working capital utilization objectives
(Inventory and SLOB (Slow Moving & Obsolete inventory), inclusive
of the successful launch of new products.
Ultimate owner for Service & Inventory results, leads continuous
improvement on processes and organizational capability. Drives &
executes with excellence best-in-class work processes and tools,
ensuring the right capability is in place to achieve and sustain
improvements on service, cost and cash
Essential Job Duties:
- Achieve targeted customer service levels and planned working
capital utilization objectives (Inventory and SLOB (Slow Moving &
- Orchestrates end-to-end Service / Inventory work-process (Short
Range, CO-Op, SKU review, PLS, CCR, PO maintenance, ASN processing,
Global reports) along with reporting and continuous improvement
across functions, business and sites. Drives standard scorecard
reviews ensuring the right gap analysis & action planning is in
place to correct variances
- Owns an optimal ordering pattern (visibility & stability) to
the manufacturing sites (PO's, APR's and BTS strategy)
- On New products leads Product readiness, New item releases,
Running Changes, Phase Out management, and any other supporting
- Leads SLOB action plans and supporting processes. Supports
other inventory processes (safety stock & lead-time
- With the support of VP Supply Chain operations develops an
inventory gameplan for MUS inclusive of Statistical Safety Stock
settings and inventory balancing across locations
- Supports the definition & execution of standards, operating
procedures and policies between MUS and sourcing sites. Ensures
they keep updated and enforced
- Supports cross-organizational Service/Inventory projects as
- Leads Step3/Supply Reviews in line with defined standard
- Owns supply processes and capability within Apprise (DRP
- Provides leadership, direction, development, and supervision to
assigned staff ensuring timely and effective performance of all
duties and activities. Ensure right capability is in place
- Drives implementation of best practices and develops effective
- Other duties as assigned by the VP Supply Chain Operations
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Business, Operations,
Industrial Engineering or related field with equivalent work
- Must have 5 to 10 years of prior planning experience in a high
- Strong leadership - able to set a vision, engage up, down and
across functions, and drive alignment to actions
- Proven ability to analyze and consolidate large volumes of
data, develop a fact-based point of view, and communicate it
effectively and convincingly.
- Demonstrates a strong operational discipline. Keen attention to
- Demonstrates a goal oriented, results driven approach
- Exemplary work ethics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written
and verbal with the confidence to present to senior management.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English in
both verbal and written formats
- Ability and confidence to challenge the status quo. Creative
problem-solving and strong time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions fast and effectively, remaining calm
- Advanced MS Office, namely Excel. Experience with ERP
- Affiliation or certification through APICS highly
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the state of
residency, valid passport and the ability to travel
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities to perform the
Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily indoors.
Lighting is artificial. Equipment used includes standard office
equipment i.e.; computer, laptop, telephone, fax machine, printer,
and copier. Physical demands include sitting, repetitive use of
hands, walking, standing, lifting to 40 lbs., driving cars,
reaching overhead, and being around work equipment and machinery.
Position requires traveling. Hours and days are primarily Monday
through Friday with some overtime and weekends required. Position
requires close contact with all Meyer employees and customers.
Keywords: Meyer, Fairfield , Director of Supply Planning, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!