System and Administration Network Manager
Company: Westamerica Bancorporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered
in California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our
winning team. We reached our current strength because our
employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same
fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services
with a superior customer service guarantee.
Microcomputer Network Manager
The Microcomputer Network Manager is a position for a "hands on"
manager to run the Microcomputer department which consists of
network and helpdesk individuals. The position supervises and
provides technical, professional and analytical support to branches
and departments regarding network operations and functions.
While supervising Microcomputer individuals, main duties include
design, install, configure, maintain, and repair servers,
firewalls, switches and subsystems. Oversee the computer/server and
network operational environment; providing direction, information,
and recommendations regarding network configurations and
Develops and implement standards, procedures and processes for
the network. Research and evaluate new technologies, products and
techniques that could meet future network needs.
Manages and monitors firewalls; including logs, reports,
bandwidth usage, and evaluates for new network security
vulnerabilities. Monitors Security Incident Event Management (SIEM)
for possible issues and to identify network errors and packet loss.
Monitor virus outbreaks and deficiencies in network
Miscellaneous tasks: Provide input and support on various
projects. Constantly works on projects throughout the year. Working
where knowledge and skills are needed; provides late hours as
required. Research for upcoming projects technical support to
departments and for ways to improve current infrastructure.
Minimum Knowledge, Prior Work Experience, and Skills Needed to
Perform Job Functions:
Responsible for the management, design, installation, layout,
and maintenance of all network components. Plan, design, analyze,
and provide technical support for network or group of networks.
Conduct research and evaluation of network technology and recommend
purchases of network equipment.
- Manage Microcomputer Analyst(s), Network Analyst(s), and
- Recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects, and
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network including;
firewalls, SIEM, file server, hardware and software
- Provide network documentation
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components
to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility
with current system
- Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range
- Install, configure and maintain network components
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to
- Implement groups and group policy changes in active
- Work with various teams to ensure connectivity and
compatibility between systems
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being
processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Document network problems and resolutions for future
- Participates in weekly Information Technology / Security
meeting as well as other IT related meetings to provide input for
upcoming projects and the installation of new technologies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous network management is required
- Windows System Admin experience, VDI and Citrix, Patch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical
and non-technical audiences of various levels are necessary.
- Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches,
load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS.
- Managing of an MS Exchange server and database
- Ability to design and coordinate the installation of
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot network hardware,
software, and peripherals
- Ability to determine network problems and to coordinate
hardware and/or software solutions
- Ability to learn and support new network components
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in
response to needs of the systems being supported
- Knowledge of VLAN's, switches, routing, and network design is
- Project management experience is desired
Keywords: Westamerica Bancorporation, Fairfield , System and Administration Network Manager, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!