Supervisor, General Plant Production
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
We have an opening for an Supervisor, General Plant Production for
our Fairfield, CA location. If you possess an interest and have an
aptitude for mechanics and electronics check out the details
What will you be responsible for?
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating
monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and
investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing
improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with
Ball Packaging Operations process and quality standards.
- Serves as the facilitator (in charge) of the plant during
designated period(s) of time as directed by management.
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant production
function as directed.
- Provides for and reviews the performance and personal
development of all subordinates on an individual basis.
- Arranges for on-the-job training and development of
subordinates' skills to ensure a continued high level of production
- Provides production, spoilage, and maintenance records and
maintains subordinates' attendance, evaluation and other
- Schedules subordinates' vacations, overtime, holidays, and job
- Provides communications and dissemination of information
between crew operations.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Maintain positive relations with local bargaining unit ensuring
a high level of productivity, if applicable.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of
trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference;
or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust
and confidence with employees, their union stewards and
representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually
12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday,
working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must
be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as
directed by management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation,
through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation
as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing,
or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college degree level education or work-related experience in the
can or end making process.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required, College Degree
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation,
selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard
production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles,
legal practices, product specifications and mechanics of equipment,
Ball Packaging Operations quality standards, and generally accepted
supervisory practices and procedures.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and
standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model Understands themselves and
seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding
consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership Demonstrates humility in the way
they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their
- Leadership Presence Inspires trust in the broader
organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs
to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder Listens and empathizes, engages a
wide range of people. Embraces peoples differences and helps every
individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower Encourages leadership in others and takes
risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the
- Culture Champion Consciously evolves the culture to help
secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need
to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented A desire to make things happen, sets
stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking
to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst Communicates a vision of the future that
compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change,
takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist Sees connections others dont
see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that
open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,200.00 - $115,500.00 (Salary to be
determined by the applicants education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment
with market data.)
- Job Gade: 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
'Total Rewards' to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in @ball.com. Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at .
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Nearest Secondary Market: Fairfield
Keywords: Ball, Fairfield , Supervisor, General Plant Production, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!