Responsible for the accurate, efficient and professional
delivery of product.
- Ability to legally and physically drive delivery vehicle in
order to deliver product to customer.
- Present self in a professional, courteous and businesslike
manner to customers.
- Make sure that "charge" invoices are signed and one copy of the
invoice is left with the customer and know and follow Store invoice
- Use caution when driving and choosing where to park company
vehicle before entering a shop. Avoid any areas that may cause
congestion or interfere with the shop or their customers' traffic
- Check all orders against invoices for accuracy.
- Report any maintenance/mechanical problems with company
vehicle, to supervisor.
- Take precautionary safety measures for any leaking or damaged
material immediately and notify store manager as soon as possible;
and know and follow DOT requirements.
- If a C.O.D. customer wishes to sign for merchandise, explain
that you must call the store and receive authorization from the
manager or person in charge. If approved, make sure you get a
signature on the invoice and turn the invoice in to your supervisor
upon returning to the store.
- If a customer wishes to return merchandise for whatever reason,
always fill out a credit slip in full and leave one (1) copy with
the customer. Do not attempt to pass judgment as to whether FM will
accept the item(s) for credit. That determination will be made by
the manager or person in charge of credits.
- Make sure to fill out the route sheet prior to leaving on
delivery run as well as signing back in upon return; and know and
follow computerized route sheet procedure.
- Check company vehicle to be sure an adequate supply of sticks
and strainers is on-board each morning before first delivery
- Drive and operate vehicles in a safe manner.
- Follow route sheets unless otherwise directed.
- Have and utilize the paging system.
- Organize route for efficient deliveries.
- Know and follow safe work practices.
- Know and follow COD collection procedures.
- Know and follow refueling procedures and maintain adequate fuel
level in vehicle tanks.
- Wear seatbelts at all times.
- Know how to use a Chromavision/Prophet color matching unit if
applicable in your store.
- Responsibilities as a Delivery Service Representative also
include any duties requested by your supervisor.
- Performs similar and related duties to achieve objectives while
using methods consistent with the FinishMaster culture.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job
functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be
added, deleted or modified at any time
As a full-time FinishMaster employee you are eligible for a
competitive benefits package including:
Employee discounts & assistance program
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Life insurance & short-term disability
Paid time off & holiday pay
401K Contributions and Investments
- High school diploma or equivalent with general education
- Applicable, effective reading and writing skills from
- Minimum, 1 month prior delivery experience with successfully
demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the
minimum skills and experience levels associated with perofrming the
duties and responsibilities in this job description. The
qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute
employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that
should be considered along with other job-related selection or
- Valid Driver's License
- Motor Vehicle Record must meet minimum requirements per
FinishMaster's Vehicle Fleet Safety Policy
Physical Requirements (This job may require the ability to
perform any of the essential functions contained in this
description. These may include, but are not limited to, the
following requirements. Specific requirements for a job will be
identified at the time of employment. Reasonable accommodations
will be made for otherswise qualified applicants unable to fulfill
one or more of these requirements):
- Ability to drive a delivery vehicle legally
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, otherwise move and position
objects weighing up to 45 pounds when picking inventory for
delivery, making delivery or stocking product
- Ability to bend, stoop and crouch on a regular basis to pick
inventory for delivery, making delivery or stock product
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving to make
- Works in store conditions
- Daily travel/driving to customers locations, as required
FinishMaster, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.