2nd Shift Packaging Machine Operator - New
Company: Primal Pet Foods
Posted on: February 19, 2021
New Rates!! Primal is growing and adding on a NEW Production
line on our 2nd shift!
We just increased pay rates!
$ $18.50 after 90 Days, $19.50 after 1year!!!!
Plus we pay Shift Differentials:
- 50 cents per hour for 2nd shift
- 75 cents per hour for 3rd shift
Primal Pet Foods is a Fairfield, California-based manufacturer of
fully prepared, human-grade raw foods and treats for dogs and cats.
Primal Pet Foods was founded with the goal of improving the quality
of life and overall health and happiness of pets through wholesome
raw foods that mimic the diet of animals in the wild. We are
looking for reliable and motivated people to join our fast-paced,
growing Primal Team!
Monday to Friday 2nd shift start time between 1pm and 2:30pm. Daily
or Saturday overtime required as needed and is mandatory.
This position is responsible for operating a specified machine
within the facility. Starts, operates, tends, stops, and cleans
machines. Follow written and verbal instructions to ensure safety,
GMP, quality, and efficiency standards are always being met.
Inspects products to ensure high quality and compliance with
company standards and procedures. Assume responsibility for the
production-related support, line checks, safety, quality, equipment
preventive maintenance, and effective communication relevant to
shift, department, and plant performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Startup and stop equipment.
- Coordinate, document, communicate, and report Machine
information and malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Perform production line checks for reporting purposes.
- Must have functional knowledge of all equipment with regards to
coordinating, change-over, CIP, monitor and operate Machines,
Conveyors, Scales, Lube Systems, and other machine-related
functions to maximize the quality of products produced and the
efficiency of the department.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Perform routine operator designated preventive maintenance on
all area equipment.
- Perform a variety of quality checks to assure standards are
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic operating difficulties involving
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Follow SOP's to make machine adjustments, splice packaging
material, and prepare the machine to ensure the manufacturing of
- Must be responsible for compliance with the HACCP program.
- Responsible for accurate documentation.
- Assist with production as needed
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Measure and pour ingredients.
- Turn valves to regulate the flow of liquids or gas.
- Measure, mix and pour ingredients.
- Mark parts for identification.
- Place equipment on the conveyor belt for further
- Scrape waste material from the machine.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Package finished products.
- Pour materials into machine hopper.
- Efficiently and safely move product to the proper area for use
following all department and QA procedures.
- Sorting, wrapping, packing, repacking as needed.
- Return raw materials, WIP's or packaging materials to the
respective department or location in accordance with the
department's procedures for receiving and returning materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Skills
- Less than high school education; at least 3 months related
experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple
- Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide
and understand percentages. Ability to perform these operations
using units of weight measurement and quantity measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Must be punctual and regular attendance required.
- Experience with high-speed packaging and filling equipment
required. Strong troubleshooting and basic mechanical skills are
- Food industry experience and knowledge of GMP's are a must.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to
stand and walk; use hands to feel; and reach with arms.
Occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. Required to lift up
to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
without assistance. Additionally, you must be able to lift and or
move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include peripheral vision. You will be
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually
We offer great benefits and perks
Paid vacation and sick hours
Paid Company Holidays, 7 Per Year
Low-cost medical insurance, including options with Kaiser, Sutter,
UHC, and Anthem.
Competitive dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. Plus,
discounted pet insurance!
401k with company match up to 4%
Free Primal products for your pet
Career opportunities, training, and much more!
Primal Pet Foods is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity
application with us, you acknowledge that you have read and
understand this policy.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Primal Pet Foods, Fairfield , 2nd Shift Packaging Machine Operator - New, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!