Senior IT Network Specialist
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Requisition ID--# 36781--Job Category : Information
Technology--Job Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit:
Information TechnologyJob Location--: FairfieldDepartment
OverviewInformation Systems Technology Services is a unified
organization comprised of various departments which collaborate
effectively in order to deliver high quality technology
solutions.Position SummaryEnsures the availability, integrity, and
reliability of assigned systems. --Provides technical support of an
IT infrastructure or operations product line, enterprise platform
and/or technology service. --Provides operational support to
monitor, analyze, diagnose and resolve industrial IP and serial
telecommunication problems. Provides consulting and advisory tasks
to engineering, planning, and clients. Tests new technologies in a
lab environment. Participates in design reviews on new deployments.
--Partners with product specialists and technical architects to
make recommendations for new or retired technology products &
systems.Job ResponsibilitiesNetwork Management & Operational
- Performs advanced operations, management, and maintenance
support of network and telecommunication systems, linked systems
and peripherals in order to enhance network operations.
- Responsible for complex technical support and administration of
critical industrial infrastructure network components (e.g.,
firewalls, proxy servers, routers, switches, terminal servers,
- Maintain and operate systems and services associated with
PG&E's telecommunications infrastructure.
- Provides 3rd tier support in analyzing, diagnosing and
resolving complex problems.
- Work closely with other IT groups to ensure systems are
maintained in an efficient manner, and communicate all issues,
changes, outages, and maintenance in accordance with processes,
procedures, and policies.
- Develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures as
- Mentors and trains others on network management and operational
- Work is of broad scope and highly complex.
- May customize and upgrade operating and related systems to meet
ongoing user needs
- Create and update network documentation and operational
- Participate in operation's on-call after-hour support
- Provides advanced project support and applies project
management principles for project implementation
- Work closely with peers, supervisor, team members and others as
needed to identify, plan, prioritize and implement complex project
- Performs advanced testing and evaluations of new technologies
in a lab environment.
- Evaluate and articulate market needs and opportunities for
technology-based products and services.
- As a senior subject-matter expert, provides consultation to
other IT professionals and stakeholders in product implementation
- Provide advanced content-specific advice to technical
Compliance and Process Improvement:
- Assures compliance with industry and company standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes, reduce
costs, increase efficiencies, etc.
- Apply security procedures for all work.
- May develop, recommend and implement organizational process
improvements with leadership agreement
- Assist other specialists, analysts and technicians as
appropriate in developing their own technical skills through
training, presentations and involvement in the process of
maintaining and supporting these systems (installations, upgrades,
troubleshooting, problem resolution, etc.).
- Create and maintain training class curriculum, conduct internal
classes and coordinate vendor training. QualificationsMinimum:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline
or equivalent experience
- 4 years of network or telecommunications operations
- 6 years of network or telecommunications operations
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP network models
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network communications, IPv4/IPv6
subneting --addressing and TCP/UDP-based services (DNS, SNMP, SSH,
- Solid understanding of Ethernet Layer2 spanning-tree and link
- Understanding of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF)
- Understanding of Asynchronous serial communications (DTE/DCE,
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE certification
- Demonstrated work history physically installing, upgrading and
trouble-shooting routers, switches, terminal servers, PACIRAS,
audio transfer trip, and RTUs (Vendors:-- Cisco, RuggedCom, Moxa,
SEL, RFL, Ametek, Cooper, GE)
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including overtime and
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Fairfield , Senior IT Network Specialist, Other , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!