Company: Northbay Healthcare
Posted on: May 8, 2022
At NorthBay Healthcare the Payroll Specialist performs payroll
functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification
and reconciliation of payroll records. Requires a working knowledge
of payroll resource information systems, accounting functions,
federal and state tax reporting and garnishment regulation. Relies
on training, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Payroll
Team goals and deadlines. Exercises independent judgment, as well
as discretion and tact, in the processing of documents and
information of a confidential or sensitive nature. Work performed
under supervision of Payroll Manager. Payroll Specialist will work
onsite in our corporate office in Green Valley, Fairfield,
California. Newly renovated and modern payroll department,
utilizing OracleCloud Payroll systemPRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Performs a variety of accounting functions in the preparation,
processing, and maintenance of payroll to ensure that the employees
and external agencies are paid accurately and on time.
- Reviews timekeeping data for policy and legal compliance and
addresses all anomalies.
- Process biweekly payroll for exempt and nonexempt
- Analyze and process time card, leave and deduction
- Prepare manual payments and leave accrual for terminations and
- Review payroll totals, deductions and leave data for accuracy,
- Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate
- Validate the accuracy of pay and deduction codes.
- Determine the calculation and application of garnishment
deduction orders to be in compliance with federal and state
- Prepare supplemental payrolls as needed.
- Prepare support documents for court ordered subpoenas.
- Coordinate and process payroll interfaces requiring timely and
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: A.A. /A.S. Degree preferred or FPC or CPP
- Experience: Minimum of two year's payroll, accounting or
bookkeeping experience. Working knowledge of wage & hour laws.
- Skills: Proficient in Excel and Word
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective interpersonal
skills. Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with
other professional accounting staff. Able to work with people at
all levels of the organization. The NorthBay Way is a set of
value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and
role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The
NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication,
Collaboration and Competence.
Keywords: Northbay Healthcare, Fairfield , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!