Customer Service Advisor
Company: Schnitzer Steel
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Responsibilities include working as part of a retail sales team
to provide best in class customer care. The Customer Service
Advisor (CSA) often begins as a Pick-n-Pull Greeter and can work
their way up through Part Sales, Parts Specialist and eventually a
store Sales Lead through positive work ethics and evaluations. This
is a retail sales position that requires a"can do" selling spirit
and the ability to work as a team to meet the store's sales goals.
The CSA will be present during all peak customer traffic periods
which could include weekends, sale days, or any other occasion that
would generate high customer flow into the store per the specified
store schedule. The CSA will promote sales and service to
customers. The CSA is expected to maintain the excellent standards
of all Pick-n-Pull policies and procedures, while always being
pleasant, respectful, and helpful.
- Promote the Pick-n-Pull Safety Culture.
- Be a team player. Work as a member of the team to help the team
achieve its goals.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Provide required information to customers as they enter the
store. Offer friendly and enthusiastic answers to customer
- Follow loss prevention, risk control, quality assurance, and
proper cash handling procedures at all times.
- Work as a team towards housekeeping, janitorial, and other
duties as assigned by the task list. This can include cleaning
tires, carrying batteries, mopping floors, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Identify when customer interaction requires assistance from
- Complete sales training and follow the Pick-n-Pull 5 Step Sales
Model. Engage in continuous training and education in all areas of
the Pick-n-Pull business.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must work safely at all times.
- Must have good people skills with an outgoing friendly positive
- Able to work retail hours including overtime, weekends and
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Be proficient in automotive part/product identification and
recognize parts and how they relate to our customer receipts.
- Follow company dress code policy, maintaining a well groomed,
neat appearance so as to create a favorable impression with
- Previous experience in a retail environment preferred but not
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are required
regularly to perform customer care, product relocation and
placement, and environmental health and safety functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the housekeeping of the facility
by mopping, sweeping, etc. In conjunction, but not limited to,
assigned task list duties.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to occasional noisy conditions and machinery
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada
applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all
U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or
any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This
applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry,
veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation,
genetic information, or any other protected status under local,
state or federal law.
Keywords: Schnitzer Steel, Fairfield , Customer Service Advisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!