Paramedic Basic - Located in Concord, CA
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Located in Concord, CA
POSITION: Paramedic Basic, Full-Time & Part-Time
LOCATION: Concord, CA (Contra Costa County)
Why Choose AMR ? AMR is one of Global Medical Response 's (GMR)
family of solutions. Our G MR teams deliver compassionate, quality
medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient
relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide
care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values
are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care ,
and check out our comprehensive benefit options at
The mission and purpose of a Paramedic Basic is to compassionately
deliver high-quality service as well as advanced patient care in a
professional, caring, and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action
and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including
defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous
fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to
provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical
direction and to provide critical information.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
- Document activities regarding patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
- Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
- Reports immediately to the on-duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
- Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
- Discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to
patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio
as to status of patient.
*Please upload color photos of the following to your Candidate
Profile (within the Dashboard) for review. The title of each photo
should reflect the type of document being submitted.
- CA Driver's License
- CA State Paramedic Card
- Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association Certifications:
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, BTLS/PHTLS
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
- Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB, MMR, Hepatitis B,
Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza)
- Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof
of vaccination; proof of vaccines in progress are accepted.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some advanced
- Past work experience in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (including, but not
limited to: lifting, carrying, dragging, walking, and
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye & skin coloration
due to patient's condition and treatment administered.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice,
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
- Driving Record must comply with AMR's Safety & Driving policy
(proof required if conditional employment is made).
WORKING CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Working Conditions : Available to work days, nights, weekends
and holidays, extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance.
May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible
routine exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in
poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
- Physical Demands : Moderate to extended amounts of sitting,
standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely
lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling,
reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of
color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a
face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when
- Mental Requirements : Critical thinking skills with the ability
to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
GUIDING VALUES & BEHAVIORS
Employees must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for
our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
This position reports to the Operations Supervisor and/or
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the
GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19
vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: AMR, Fairfield , Paramedic Basic - Located in Concord, CA, Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!