Hospice Clinical Supervisor
Company: Anchor Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Anchor Health - Description
Are you looking for a work place where you can make a genuine
Company Culture that feels supportive, genuine and appreciative of
Anchor Health is committed to the communities of which we serve,
the patients and families we have the honor of caring for and the
EMPLOYEES who have chosen us as their work family.
Anchor Health offers a comprehensive Benefit package to Full Time
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company
Paid Time Off
Job Description Summary:The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for
ensuring that patient care and services is coordinated and managed
appropriately. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring
that care and services are delivered appropriately and for the
supervision of clinical staff.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:1. Reviews case referrals.
Reviews available patient information related to case, including
home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. - -Assigns
appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. - -Conferences
with MEDICAL DIRECTOR regarding any questions about an individual's
eligibility for services.
2. Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such
as home visits, conferences, record review and the services
provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions,
instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective
performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is
available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians
3. Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications,
procedures and clinical course.
4. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term
therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of
5. Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to
facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary
6. Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and
recommendations to Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care
Services and hospice personnel.
7. Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new
employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
Assists in the orientation of new employees.
8. Assists Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and
other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation
and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs. -
-Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating
organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short
and long range.
9. Complies with accepted professional standards and
10. Assesses health needs of community and assists in the
development of plan(s)/program(s) to meet needs. - -Participates in
public relation and community activities that promote the
organization's role as an effective member of the hospice and
health care delivery system. - -Promotes customer service
orientation to all hospice personnel.
11. Participates actively in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
12. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the
Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of
the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
tasks other than those stated in this description.Position
Qualifications:1. Registered Nurse with current licensure to
practice professional nursing in the State.
2. Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree
is preferred or a minimum of one (1) year experience as a
professional nurse within the last three (3) years.
3. At least two (2) years of experience in hospice/home health or
community health setting within the last five (5) years and with
two (2) years management or supervisory experience. - -Proven
ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgement and
communication skills. - -Understands hospice philosophy and issues
6. Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in
good working order.
8. Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
9. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written
Keywords: Anchor Health, Fairfield , Hospice Clinical Supervisor, Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!