Early Childhood Mental Health Clinician (0-5 )
Company: A Better Way, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Job DetailsJob Location Fairfield Office - Fairfield, CA -Salary
Range $66,000.00 - $72,000.00 Birth-5 Mental Health Clinician
We are currently seeking a Birth to Five Mental health clinician to
join our team. Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor,
Mental Health Clinician has the primary responsibility for
providing clinical support to assigned children and parents in the
Birth to Five program in Solano County. Services include
developmentally appropriate/sensitive assessments; development of a
family centered treatment plan; providing developmentally
appropriate individual and/or family mental health treatment;
coordination of care with other providers; maintaining a written
record of treatment; TVS. Qualifications & Characteristics
- Experience providing dyadic mental health therapy in Spanish
and English to children birth to 5 and their caregivers.
- MSW, MA, PhD or PsyD from accredited school of social work or
psychology. Must be licensed or registered with BBS or
- Bilingual, Spanish a plus
- Excellent clinical and writing skills.
- Direct experience working with diverse racial and ethnic
- Understanding of basic theoretical and developmental principles
of infant mental health
- Must have a car and good driving record
- Understanding DSM-5, familiarity with DC: 0-5
- Ability to work independently and to work as a member of a
- Excellent organizational, computer and communication
- Ability to pass various background checks needed to work with
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct mental health services to children ages 0-5 and
- Obtain consent for treatment from the child welfare worker,
- Monitor and obtain authorizations whereappropriate
- Through regularly scheduled sessions, provide psychotherapy,
intensive clinical case management, attend CFT meetings, and crisis
intervention, to assigned children and families. Work with various
modalities including individual, dyadic, and family
- Conduct assessments, diagnosis, andtreatment plans in
collaboration with clients, caregivers, and other providers.
Provide appropriate mental health services.
- Meet yearly productivity requirement of 55-60%
- Meet all EPSDT contractual expectations; including all
documentation needs, timeliness of progress notes (within 24 hours
of service provision), andmeet all programs expectations of
effective chart management.
- Abide by all provisions of the ABW personnelmanual
- Attend required agencymeetings
- Ensure that providers follow regulatory guidelines, mandated
reporting, program/agency protocols-policies andprocedures
- Provide culturally competentservices
- Perform any other duties asdirected
- Capacity to provide telehealth and work remotely, as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works in an office setting and or in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate
objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (subject to change, with
supervisor approval, to meet the business needs).
Local travel to various worksites is required. Remote work as
needed and/or required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employees must pass a background check and receive TB and health
clearances prior to employment. Driving records are reviewed
A Better Way is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified
applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age,
race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, HIV-status, national origin or disability. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: A Better Way, Inc., Fairfield , Early Childhood Mental Health Clinician (0-5 ), Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!