After Hours Nurse - Home Health and Hospice (On Call)
Company: NorthBay Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At NorthBay Healthcare the After Hours Nurse has the
responsibility, accountability, and the authority to deliver safe,
effective, quality, excellent nursing care according to the
philosophy and goals/objectives of the Department of Nursing. - The
RN, utilizing the Jean Watson's Theory of Caring, the Relationship
Based Care, and the NorthBay's professional nursing practice model
assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all patients
assigned to his/her care. Works under the supervision of the
Manager. - Responsible for responding to after-hours phone calls
initiated by the physician and/or patient/caregiver, Managers, and
Administrator On Call. -Provides or coordinates the appropriate
level of care for home care and hospice during other than regular
business hours. Care is provided according to the specific
physiologic, developmental and psychosocial needs of the patient. -
Supports the mission, vision, values and expectation of excellence
of the organization. - Education: -
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
- Minimal nursing degree of BSN level required. - - -
- Valid and current RN license by the State of California.
- Current AHA or AHA equivalent BLS.
- Current California driver's license valid and unrestricted.
- Access to operating automobile with adequate insurance coverage
at or exceeding the limits set by the Risk Management Department.
- One year of work related experience as a registered nurse in
home care, or 2-5 years in medical-surgical nursing. -
- Hospice or experience with terminally ill patients preferred.
- Good assessment and patient care skills. -
- Ability to work well as a team member. -
- IV skills, experience with pain management and symptom control
- Proficient written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
in the English language.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in
providing appropriate care for patients in the following age
groups: - Geriatric and Adult. Interpersonal Skills: -
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to
be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that
work at NorthBay Healthcare.
- The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication,
Collaboration, and Competence. -
- Effective human relations skills, capable of communicating with
others in a kind, courteous, and professional manner. -
Demonstrated sound clinical judgment. #northbay
Keywords: NorthBay Health, Fairfield , After Hours Nurse - Home Health and Hospice (On Call), Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!