Physician / Pediatrics / California / Permanent / PA - Physician Assis
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: February 23, 2021
PA - Physician Assistant - Orthopedics
THE Gateway to the Pacific and West coast living
The Community - Fairfield, CA
Fairfield is a vibrant and diverse community with respect for its
heritage and a vision for the future. Fairfield combines a prime
commercial real estate location, room for growing businesses, and a
large and talented work force. Affordable housing, good schools and
close proximity to many of the San Francisco Bay Area's
world-famous destinations make Fairfield attractive for employers
and workers. It is generally considered the midpoint between the
cities of San Francisco and Sacramento, approximately 36 miles from
the city center of both cities, approximately 31 miles from the
city center of Oakland, less than 19 miles from Napa Valley, 16
miles from the Carquinez Bridge, and 14 miles from the Benicia
Bridge. It is located in the North-eastern part of the Bay Area.
Fairfield was founded in 1856 by clippership captain Robert H.
Waterman, and named after his former hometown of Fairfield,
Connecticut. It is the home of Travis Air Force Base and the
headquarters of Jelly Belly. With a population of 108,321 at the
2010 census, it is slightly smaller in population than Vallejo.
Travis Air Force Base
Situated in the San Francisco Bay Area and known as the "Gateway to
the Pacific ", Travis Air Force Base handles more cargo and
passenger traffic through its airport than any other military air
terminal in the United States. Today, Travis AFB includes
approximately 7,260 active USAF military personnel, 4,250 Air Force
Reserve personnel and 3,770 civilians. Travis AFB has a major
impact on the community as a number of military families and
retirees have chosen to make Fairfield their permanent home. Travis
AFB is the largest employer in the City and Solano County as well,
and the massive Travis workforce has a local economic impact of
more than $1 billion annually. The Base also contributes a large
number of highly skilled people to the local labor pool. The base
is also host to David Grant USAF Medical Center, a 265-bed, $200
million Air Force teaching hospital, which serves both in-service
and retired military personnel.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance
or supervision of a physician.
- Provides services by collecting data required for diagnosis and
performing procedures and services.
- Obtains and evaluates medical histories, performs physical
examinations, performs therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, and
orders laboratory studies, radiographs, electrocardiograms, and
other special examinations.
- Collects specimens for pathologic examination. Analyzes and
interprets data, formulates problem lists, and establishes plans
for solution of clinical problems.
- Counsel's patients on medical problems, use of drugs, expected
effects of treatment, family planning, child care, diet, and other
therapeutic health maintenance matters.
- Makes entries in patient's permanent medical records.
- In emergency situations, administers lifesaving procedures and
medications pending availability of physician.
- Procedures include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, treatment of
life endangering traumatic injuries, defibrillation, insertion of
endotracheal tubes, and administration of whole blood, oxygen, and
other emergency medications.
- Coordinates patient care. Coordinates patient care with other
members of health care team.
- Initiates consultation requests to other health professionals
to provide more comprehensive patient management.
- Accomplishes narrative summaries and other documentation.
- Instructs other personnel assigned to health care team on
preventive medicine programs and other appropriate medical
activities and functions as directed.
- Provide a full range of diagnostic, therapeutic and operative
procedures for patients in the outpatient, inpatient, and operative
- Comprehensive orthopedic medical care includes surgical
evaluation, peri-operative care, and post-operative care
- Independently obtain medical histories, making diagnosis and
- Make arrangement for further care if appropriate, ordering and
interpreting lab and imaging diagnostic tests, prescribing
medication, providing consultation and assisting the orthopedic
surgeon in the operating room, inpatient, emergency department, and
- Provide on-call coverage, to include treating orthopedic
patients in the Emergency Department, addressing nursing concerns
on inpatients, and provides initial evaluation and treatment of
urgent outpatient orthopedic conditions.
- Make lifesaving interventions and procedures and medications
pending availability of a physician.
- Admit and discharge patients from the hospital.
- Participate as an educator to train new Orthopedic PA's in the
DGMC Orthopedic PA Fellowship program.QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and
practical education to provide patient services as a physician
extender under supervision of a physician.
- Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program
accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for
the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and
acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
- Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National
Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is
- Have at least 24 months of experience as an Orthopedic
Physician Assistant within the last 36 months in the specialty.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies w
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Fairfield , Physician / Pediatrics / California / Permanent / PA - Physician Assis, Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!