Physician / Pharmacist / California / Permanent / RPh - Clinical Pharm
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
RPH - Clinical Pharmacist
THE Gateway to the Pacific and West coast living
The Community - Fairfield, CA
Fairfield is a vibrant and diverse community with respect for its
heritage and a vision for the future. Fairfield combines a prime
commercial real estate location, room for growing businesses, and a
large and talented work force. Affordable housing, good schools and
close proximity to many of the San Francisco Bay Area's
world-famous destinations make Fairfield attractive for employers
and workers. It is generally considered the midpoint between the
cities of San Francisco and Sacramento, approximately 36 miles from
the city center of both cities, approximately 31 miles from the
city center of Oakland, less than 19 miles from Napa Valley, 16
miles from the Carquinez Bridge, and 14 miles from the Benicia
Bridge. It is located in the North-eastern part of the Bay Area.
Fairfield was founded in 1856 by clippership captain Robert H.
Waterman, and named after his former hometown of Fairfield,
Connecticut. It is the home of Travis Air Force Base and the
headquarters of Jelly Belly. With a population of 108,321 at the
2010 census, it is slightly smaller in population than Vallejo.
Travis Air Force Base
Situated in the San Francisco Bay Area and known as the "Gateway to
the Pacific ", Travis Air Force Base handles more cargo and
passenger traffic through its airport than any other military air
terminal in the United States. Today, Travis AFB includes
approximately 7,260 active USAF military personnel, 4,250 Air Force
Reserve personnel and 3,770 civilians. Travis AFB has a major
impact on the community as a number of military families and
retirees have chosen to make Fairfield their permanent home. Travis
AFB is the largest employer in the City and Solano County as well,
and the massive Travis workforce has a local economic impact of
more than $1 billion annually. The Base also contributes a large
number of highly skilled people to the local labor pool. The base
is also host to David Grant USAF Medical Center, a 265-bed, $200
million Air Force teaching hospital, which serves both in-service
and retired military personnel.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- Assessing patient's response to drug therapy and planning drug
therapy based on physician-established diagnoses.
- Ordering and evaluating laboratory tests necessary to evaluate
drug therapy effects and outcomes.
- Initiating, modifying, or discontinuing medications for ongoing
therapy of chronic disease states (e.g., hypertension,
hyperlipidemia, anticoagulant, diabetes, asthma, refill clinics,
etc.), in cooperation with the medical staff.
- Monitoring and managing pharmacotherapy requiring periodic
adjustment due to specific or changing pharmacokinetic
characteristics (e.g., aminoglycosides, phenytoin,
- Initiating or modifying drug therapy for minor acute conditions
such as colds, rashes, and allergies.
- Administering prescription or non-prescription drugs according
to established agreements or protocols.
- Assessing metabolic needs and ordering therapeutic enteral or
parenteral nutrition products in the inpatient setting.
- Evaluating medical and medication histories for drug-related
problems and adjusting drug therapy accordingly.
- Consulting with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians,
dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient
treatment needs or options.
- Conducting and coordinating clinical investigations and
research (consistent with other healthcare professionals) approved
by a local or regional Investigational Review Board (IRB) and
participating in outcome studies generated by the department of
pharmacy and approved by the P&T Committee.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the
personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to
closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication
interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy
information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are
appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers
shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or
processed by technical staff.
- Work closely with clinical staff in developing patient wellness
programs such as smoking cessation programs and asthma
- Provide medication information and medication therapy
guidelines to the clinical staff as required.
- Provide medication and healthcare related in service training
to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use
of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and
other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head.
- Provide clinical direction to pharmacy personnel.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the
pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy
security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all
scheduled controlled substances according to applicable
- Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal
patient pharmaceutical care.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and safe according to
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy
interactions with prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR)
reporting in accordance with TJC or AAAHC standards as
- Facilitate medical staff dr
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Fairfield , Physician / Pharmacist / California / Permanent / RPh - Clinical Pharm, Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!