Program Director, Healthy Community Lifestyle- Fairfield
Company: YMCA of Greater Long Beach
Posted on: May 24, 2023
GENERAL FUNCTION: Perform variety duties as it relates to the
responsibility for the organization, delivery, and quality of the
YMCA program(s) health and fitness and other related programs. Lead
branch marketing/outreach efforts and special events. Develop and
work with community partners.GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and schedules fitness classes. Schedule and monitors
instructor, healthy lifestyle counselors and other personnel.
Maintain records of staff certifications.
- Maintains fitness equipment and facilities, purchase equipment,
parts and supplies as authorized. Coordinates maintenance and
- Performs duties of instructor related positions as required by
absence of staff.
- Design and implement new health, fitness, and wellness
- Develop and maintain budgets and financial reporting as
- Lead staff in Annual campaign division, special events,
association wide events and fundraising activities.
- Development, promotion, management, evaluation, and growth of
all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Hire, train and supervise staff and volunteers.
- Involve members in other YMCA programs (cross market).
- Acknowledges and celebrates the diversity among families, and
uses supplies and equipment that reflect the diversity within the
- Needs of all participant and staff are integrated into both
program planning and implementation.
- Source and attend relevant networking events to grow our
relevance and involvement within our service area.
- Conducts activities that promote family involvement.
- Track all relevant community engagement data.
- Collaborate with other departments and lead marketing and
- Monitor our website, fundraising sites, and social media
accounts to enhance branch presence.
- Follow and enforce Association policies and procedures for
health and safety.
- Integrate Character Development values (caring, responsibility,
respect, and honesty) into program and interaction with participant
and staff and be a role model with those values.
- Maintain open lines of communication with participants,
members, staff, and supervisor.
- Conduct staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Four years of related fitness, community engagement, and
administrative experience preferred.
- 3 years of experiencing supervising, training, and coaching
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to "ready to be
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Requires basic knowledge of anatomy, exercise, and
- Nationally recognized personal training certification such as
ACE, AFAA, ISSA, personal trainer and group fitness, NASM, or ACSM
required within 180 days of employment.
- Additional Requirements: Criminal Clearance: Including
Fingerprints and background clearance, TB Test.WORKING
CONDITIONS:Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities
(e.g. childcare and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold,
potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery
or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is
required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk,
sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally
lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Long Beach, Fairfield , Program Director, Healthy Community Lifestyle- Fairfield, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...