Retail District Manager - Greater Sacramento Area
Company: Pet Food Express
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Pet Food Express is seeking a dynamic and experienced District
Manager to provide oversight and leadership to our Greater
Sacramento area stores. As a District Manager you will manage and
control the operation of an assigned district, ensuring consistency
with Company standards and expectations, and applying
best-practices in retail business development, recruitment and
training, people development, guest relationship development,
profitability and related initiatives, todrive performance and
- In partnership with the Regional Directors, District Leadership
and Store Operations teams, develop a clear vision and strategy for
the growth of our stores.
- Lead projects and develop targeted training aligning store
teams to achieve organizational goals by communicating the
inspiration and vision of our brand.
- Create a sales culture to drive profitability through analysis
of business, competitors, trends, innovation and the impact on
customers, associates & store operations.
- Lead store teams to achieve outstanding results, ensuring the
achievement of all objectives including sales, expense control,
productivity, and the smooth functioning of day-to-day
- Directly provide mentorship, guidance, and career development
to ensure organizational capacity that meets or exceeds current &
future business goals, and creates a pipeline of effective
leadership talent for growth and new locations.
- In partnership with Recruiting, HR and District Leadership
team, build a recruitment strategy that increases efficiency in
people operations - recruiting, onboarding, developing, and
- Develop outside applicant streams to fill open positions. Lead
managers to build a high-performing, inclusive, and engaging
- Set monthly volume and category targeted sales goals in
collaboration with the District Management team. Develop and
implement company sales training and strategies. Review performance
daily/weekly and course-correct as needed.
- Partner with merchandising and logistics partners on channel
product selling and performance maximization. Use inventory
procedures to address out of stocks and on-hand variances.
- Ensure stores and services are fully operational and meet grand
opening standards. Assigned stores must have high-quality execution
and implementation of all company-directed visual standards and
- Optimize the performance of people and processes to deliver the
best possible customer experience that reflects our brand standards
and company values.
- Maintain a presence in all store locations to provide support
and be where the action is, including nights and weekends.
- 5+ years of multi-location retail management experience.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully driving sales,
positive results, and growth.
- Clear and effective communication, active listening skills
andability to adapt communication style to the needs of
- Exceptional organization, attention to detail, accuracy and
sense of urgency approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, able to
build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide
variety of stakeholders.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive workplace culture,
providing appreciation and recognition, and understanding
individual strengths of team members.
- Leadership experience and management effectiveness to build
strong teams, engage, support anddevelop employeesthrough feedback,
evaluation, coaching and performance management.
- Ability to obtain buy-in, balance competing perspectives, and
make informed decisions based on available information, relevant
data, logical assumptions, and strong judgment.
- Ability to effectively cope with and support others through
change and ambiguity, and remain calm and focused in pressure
- Strong quantitative skills pertinent to inventory control and
- Ongoing commitment to continuous learning and development,
creativity and innovative thinking.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated success
managing multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, email and business
communication applications (Slack, Teams, Zoom) required.
- Flexibility to work on-site/visit stores in the Greater
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights,
weekends, and select holidays.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.PFE
- Grow with us: Many potential career paths and options for
advancement within the company
- Continued Learning: A focus on your development and leadership
training. Investment in your pet and product knowledge, you'll
never see pets the same way!
- Generous in-store employee discount that extends to your
- Be Healthy: Health with FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance - even pet insurance!
- Plan for the future: 401k with employer match.
- Get Rewarded: Employee referral bonuses.
- Rest and Relax: Competitive Paid Time Off
- Bring your well-behaved pet to work.The salary range for this
position is expected to be $105,000 - $130,000/yr. Starting salary
is determined on many factors, including but not limited to, local
market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal
compensation practices, a candidate's actual skills and experience,
and budget constraints.About the CompanyWe're Pet food Express, and
we're transforming our customers' relationships with their pets.
How? With exactly-right products, helpful services, and expert
advice for even the toughest pet problems. Since 1986, our
commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades-long
history of continuously strong growth. We do what's right for our
customers and their pets. Everything else follows. Sound like the
right fit? We'd love to hear from you.This job summary is intended
to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders
assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all
duties and responsibilities.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics
protected by applicable law. This applies to all Pet Food Express
activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring,
compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance
evaluation, discipline and discharge. Pet Food Express also
provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in
accordance with applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can learn and grow.
However you identify and whatever your background, please apply if
this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every
For applicants in our San Francisco, or Los Angeles locations:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as well as the
Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for
employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
in a manner consistent with the law.
Keywords: Pet Food Express, Fairfield , Retail District Manager - Greater Sacramento Area, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...