IT Analyst I/II/Senior-EnerGov Project Manager (Limited Term)
Company: City of Fairfield, California
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Ideal candidate is a dynamic IT professional who will not only serve as a technical subject matter expert, but also an excellent communicator/collaborator. The incumbent will manage the City's transition from the current land/building permit system (TRAKit), to a new permitting system provided by Tyler Technologies' EnerGov.
The candidate will work on-site and will be responsible for project planning and scheduling which will include: kickoff, build, training, and go-live. During each phase of the roll out, the candidate will provide regular updates to the IT Director and Manager, including task completion and pertinent issue escalations. The ideal candidate must also be detail-oriented as they will create a project write-up which will include all documentation and lessons learned.
This recruitment is open until filled and may close without notice once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.The deadline for the first review ofapplications is onFriday, January 27, 2023at 5:00PM.
To review more detail about the opportunity,clickHERE.
Information Technology Analyst I/II
Performs professional duties related to the analysis, development, maintenance and administration of computer hardware and software systems to meet business needs. Incumbents may perform any of the following functions: analyzes, designs, monitors and administers servers and related platforms; designs, maintains, configures and monitors network and/or telecommunications infrastructures and related system components; consults with departmental customers to identify and analyze business functions that can be improved by the implementation of new hardware and/or software solutions; translates business requirements into system deployments, including the development of design specifications; performs professional-level systems maintenance and customer support duties; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Senior Information Technology Analyst
Under direction, the Senior Information Technology Analyst supervises professional and technical staff involved with systems analysis, systems programming/systems administration, programming, video production, content editing, customer support and/or computer operations work; performs advanced, specialized work of a professional nature, utilizing skills that require technical expertise and an understanding of complex analytical procedures and systems processes with a significant amount of independent authority and judgment. Prepares information technology studies and reports; assists in development and implementation of goals and policies; supervises and assists in preparation of budgets and equipment acquisition programs.
Incumbents may manage large, complex projects and lead project teams or provide expertise in information systems analysis, including definition of user requirements, feasibility studies, design, program specifications, testing, and implementation; and performs other related duties as assigned.
LIMITED TERM DURATION: 2 years, full time, including benefits.
This classification is represented by Fairfield General Management Association (FGMA) and offers an excellent benefits package including:
* 3% COLA effective July 2023
* CalPERSpension (Classic 2.5% @ 55 OR 2% @ 62 for new CalPERS member)
* Generous contributions to medical, dental, and vision plans:
* 3 medical carriers to choose from: Kaiser, Sutter Health or Western Health
* 144.86 hours of personal leave (cashable) annually, plus vacation and sick leave
* City paid retirement health savings contributions and life insurance
* 10.40% City paid deferred comp contribution (mandatory employee contribution is 4.10%)
* A 9/80 work schedule with the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month off
Education and Experience:
* Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information technology or a closely related field.
* Additional relevant technical experience that demonstrates the ability to perform analytical duties in assigned technology area may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
* Possession of one or more approved industry certificates and/or completion of other approved technology-related training may substitute for some or all of the required education.
AND the following based on level:
Information Technology Analyst I
One year of experience with applications and operations of computers is required.
Information Technology Analyst II
Two years of professional level information technology experience comparable to Information Technology Analyst I with the City of Fairfield are required. Information Technology
Information Technology Analyst Senior
Two years journey-level professional information technology experience comparable to Information Technology Analyst II with the City of Fairfield.
* Requires successful completion of a thorough background investigation prior to employment.
* May need to possess a valid driver's license as required by the position.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervises, trains, and evaluates professional and technical subordinates; provides technical advice and assistance to staff; supervises the work of contractors.
* Supervises and participates in the development of plans and estimates for systems development and major enhancements of the City's information technology systems, network design, and/or business requirements; supervises and participates in the preparation of special information technology studies and reports.
* Designs system architecture, network infrastructure and configuration, database, and/or web-based application solutions that meet the needs of the organization and develops plans to initiate improvements.
* Acts as the project lead over moderate/large business analysis projects; develops and monitors project budgets and resources; interfaces with clients to define project scope and review project activities, recommendations and outcomes; coordinates the use of project resources based on project requirements; designs and implements project testing and quality assurance processes.
* Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for an information technology unit; assists in the preparation and administration of unit budget; supervises and participates in the preparation of equipment acquisition and improvement programs and budgets.
* Establish program and production goals, priorities and major work schedules in accordance with established policies.
* Coordinate resolution of complex and technical problems and system changes that affect the work of the unit.
* Answers questions and provides information to personnel of customer departments; analyzes questions and recommends appropriate corrective action as necessary.
* Confers with others regarding project priorities and progress; participates in planning, progress and design review meetings; provides technical assistance to resolve barriers to completion.
* Reviews and approves programming, systems development, content programming and systems enhancement plans, work orders, consultant and related bills and purchase orders; prepares and monitors consultant agreements.
* Reviews new and proposed laws, regulations, codes, methods, materials and technique for application to projects; develops and implements procedures, standards and systems.
* Participates in committees and work groups; may lead or participate in planning or focus groups; attends meetings, conferences and training sessions.
* Prepares comprehensive technical and statistical reports; maintains a variety of records and technical data.
* May participate the integrity and security of City networks and all related components, including human element, physical and virtual servers, domain controllers, desktops, laptops, printers and other devices which utilize the City network.
* Scans and monitors network activity, filters malicious activity and virus probability; retrieves data for investigative purposes.
* Defines and maintains network and data security standards with CIO.
* Performs computer forensics as requested by City legal department, auditors, or other authorized requests.
* Conducts research on latest security threats and uses new security products to help maintain the integrity of the City's network.
* Develops security procedures and policies.
* May provide recommendations for developing and/or improving hardware, software, and/or web-based applications across multiple City departments in order to accomplish business goals; recommending and/or implementing operating system adjustments to maximize application performance and resource resolution.
* May serve as the administrator for large and highly complex databases; researching and identifying database environment requirements and specifications; determining integration requirements to ensure inter-operability across multiple platforms and technologies.
* Performs related or other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities
* Principles and practices of effective team building, team leadership and conflict resolution.
* Integrated software packages designed for and used by municipalities.
* Advanced principles and practices of computer hardware and software system analysis, design, testing, implementation and controls.
* Principles, theories and practices of accounting, budgeting, purchasing, housing Section 8, theater ticketing, class registration, and other municipal operations.
* Principles of video production, content editing, equipment installation and maintenance.
* Principles and practices of IP Network, Telephony and Audio Video system design techniques.
* Requirements analyses, needs assessment and project management techniques.
* Cybersecurity principles and practices based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
* A variety of software tools and languages, such as COBOL, FoxPro, Visual Basic, IQ Objects, SQL, RDBMS, OODBMS, Block-chain, and others as may be appropriate to the City's needs.
* Personal computer software packages, including spreadsheet and desktop publishing applications.
* A broad range of protocols commonly used in wired and wireless communications networks (e.g. TCP, IP, UDP, SNMP, RADIUS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, Serial, TDM, TFTP, FTP, SSH, SSL, etc.).
* Enterprise Level Information Technology Infrastructures.
* Existing and emerging municipal data processing applications.
* Principles and practices of complex database design and administration.
* A broad range of operations, services, concepts, terms and activities common to a comprehensive, state-of-the-art information systems program.
* Principles and practices of troubleshooting computer hardware, software and network problems.
* Principles and practices of customer service modeled after ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices.
* Methods and techniques of developing and presenting technical documentation and training materials.
* Principles and practices of record keeping.
* Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
* Principles and practices of business operations analysis.
* Work closely with vendor staff and end users to purchase, implement and maintain application systems, including producing detailed design and work specifications for Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs) and Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
* Communicate effectively in person and over the phone.
* Identify and conceptualize information needs, work flow sequences, and data requirements.
* Research and gather complex information from a variety of City, vendor and industry sources.
* Prepare and present highly technical documents such as network and system diagrams and network coverage maps and other technical documents.
* Handle and prioritize scheduled and emergency projects, including end-user trouble-calls.
* Maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of system failures, heavy workload, constant interruptions and occasional angry customers.
* Quickly learn and use a variety of technologies, peripherals and software.
* Reading, comprehending, and retaining technical information on computer products and systems.
* Develop accurate, effective, efficient technological solutions within the constraints of the system design and available resources, taking appropriate action and/or making appropriate recommendations related to complex IT problems.
* Communicate clearly and easily with users and vendors of varying levels of technical expertise.
* Lead, train, assign, schedule and review the work of technical and/or professional information technology staff, including in stressful situations to resolve system problems, meet deadlines and implement new applications.
* Effectively build and lead a team through all phases of complex information technology projects involving multiple IT disciplines in order to achieve departmental and/or City goals.
* Analyze, diagnose and resolve difficult, complex problems and oversee all aspects of a complex system.
* Develop and maintain test plans and documentation and train end-users in the use of applications/programs.
* Develop training materials; train team members in the use of complex technical equipment and software.
* Work flexible hours to accomplish after hours system tasks and provide on-call support.
* Obtain and maintain security clearance sufficient to access all necessary law enforcement-related computer systems (i.e. CLETS).
* Analyze, develop, maintain and administer complex databases and database management systems similar to those being used by the assigned department.
* Perform advanced network administration duties, including security administration.
* Analyze, develop, and maintain complex network-related systems, equipment and software similar to that being used by the hiring department.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Based on the information provided in the application documents, the best-qualified applicants will be invited for further examination. All applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination. Depending upon the number of applications received, the examination may consist of an application screening, written and/or practical exam, oral interview, or any combination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must submit an online application via NeoGov/Governmentjobs.com by 5:00 p.m. of the closing date.If you have any difficulties submitting your online application, please call NeoGov'sApplicant Support Line at (855) 524-5627.
If you feel you will need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the testing/interview process, please contact Human Resources at (707) 428-7394 at least 1 week prior to the application deadline or examination date.
The City of Fairfield is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism.
Keywords: City of Fairfield, California, Fairfield , IT Analyst I/II/Senior-EnerGov Project Manager (Limited Term), Executive , Fairfield, California
here to apply!