Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Logistics Fleet Manager - 12 hour days rotating weekends
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY :
Responsible for regularly managing and directing the work of a team
of Fleet Drivers, Dispatchers, Coordinators, Analysts, Logistics
Associates, or other positions deemed necessary in performing the
Transportation related operational functions within a designated
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage territory Fleet Drivers including the
performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal fleet drivers to share goals and strategy in
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development
through timely and- effective feedback, to include individual
meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual
Performance Review (APR) process
Executing day to day operational logistics functions:
- Problem solve and exercise judgement to make modifications to
daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Directly manage regional fleet drivers including fleet safety
within the region
- Achieve daily KPI metrics to include 98% or better on time
performance score, Bill of Lading utilization as determined in each
lane by the senior manager, dwell time management
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers
throughout the day by answering incoming calls
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with
drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for
consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is
trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to
identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine
priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information
captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and
- Partners across Merchandising, Operations, & Sales to produce
daily ship plan with staffing targets
- Partner with third party vendors to provide fleet coverage as
- Manage daily hub operations which includes coordination of
shipping and receiving
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment
to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibility
Internal Fleet Management:
- Monitor Telogis for violations or safety concerns and provide
feedback to fleet drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all internal
fleet driver DOT qualification documents, and DOT requirements, are
current and in compliance with DOT regulation.
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to
- Partner with Home Office Logistics team to align performance
and future needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two + years managing a fleet, required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to
act as principle point of contact for the department.
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers
and associates across departments.
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business
- Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements
- Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department
decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and
acceptable timelines for dispatching.
- Requires non-manual work that may require walking or standing
for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that will include nights,
- Must be comfortable working in a combination of both office and
outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or
inclement weather conditions
- Requires ability to travel 50% or as required.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to,
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional
- Internal Candidates: Completion of MDP Required
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: Carmax, Fairfield , Fleet Manager - Auto Transportation, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!