Director of IT
Company: East Bay Tire Co.
Posted on: January 18, 2023
EAST BAY TIRE A career at East Bay Tire provides a unique
opportunity to work in a competitive environment full of challenges
and fulfilling growth throughout the East Bay, Central Valley, and
Northern California. You'll have the chance to be part of our team,
to be creative and innovative in your role to meet the demands of
an ever-evolving company and economic climate. You'll be involved
in serving our communities, building lasting relationships, and be
inspired by the best to grow in your career. Our teams embrace
challenges, we are very tenacious; the tenacity is what feeds our
passion to be the best, but in the warehouse, we just call this
True Grit. ABOUT THIS ROLE The Director of Information Technology
will be responsible for managing and directing the company's
information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department
provides an efficient and effective technical support service. This
director will be responsible for working with the leadership team
to develop strategies and prioritize IT projects, updates, and new
advances within the technology field while work the IT team. DUTIES
- Active participation in East Bay Tire's Safety program to
maintain a healthy and injury free environment
- Participate in training and company meetings to facilitate
individual and company growth
- Leads development and implementation processes for the
organizations IT systems and department.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to
minimize disruption to business operations in the event of
emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing
recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess
operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and
other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors
and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Hires and trains IT staff.
- Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and
in accordance with company policy.
- Adherence to company and safety policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in computer science required; master's degree
or MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to
support the company's goals.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This position will work out of our Corporate Fairfield
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, ADD, Life, FSA and DCAP
- Generous 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Annual Employee Christmas Trees, Tax Services, Tailgate and
Tickets to events, Employee birthdays, mingles and lunches
- You'll have the opportunity to work with great people and make
a real impact - while being your unique, authentic, self at work.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- We grow together. We believe in supporting all employees with
all the resources and tools to be successful. We invest in our
people; we learn together, and we grow together. We celebrate OUR
people, and we want each employee to have a long career with East
- We focus on giving people our utmost attention. Building and
keeping relationships, going above and beyond, and offering world
class service is of utmost importance to each member of our team.
We are proud of how we got here and want to continue to build for
- East Bay Tire promotes a work environment that encourages
problem-solving, collaboration, and a culture of growth. We roll up
our sleeves, we work together, and we support each other.
- We pride ourselves on having a very diverse team that matches
our diverse customer base. WE have an inclusive culture, where
different perspectives - professional and personal - are respected
- We pride ourselves on being a fast-paced company that
recognizes talent and rewards hard work.
- We offer flexible work hours, a work environment that allows
for work/life balance, a family focused approach, and competitive
benefits and events that support employee wellness. PHYSICAL AND/OR
MENTAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job the employee
is required to:
- Work in an environment where there can be medium to loud
- Routinely use computer equipment including monitors, keyboards,
- Frequently sit and stand to perform work, visit offices, attend
meetings, and put supplies away, pack boxes or put materials
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Work flexible/varying schedule to support the team, customers,
and deadlines ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Applicants must be fully
authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S. East
Bay Tire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age,
color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other protected factor. NOTICE TO
RECRUITERS, EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES AND/OR VENDORS Please note that
East Bay Tire does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
employment agencies or vendors. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, East Bay Tire will not consider or agree
to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without
East Bay Tire's authorization, East Bay Tire without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of East Bay Tire. Verbal commitments from any East Bay
Tire employees will not be considered binding terms. This applies
to all East Bay Tire locations and offices. It is the
responsibility of all third-party recruiters and vendors to know
Keywords: East Bay Tire Co., Fairfield , Director of IT, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!