Food Service Director - Miles College (Perkins Management)
Company: Perkins Management Services Company
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Perkins Management is excited to welcome our newest client,
Miles College,to its portfolio of amazing HBCUs. We are one of the
fastest growing food service companies, and we are looking for high
energy, friendly, Cashierto join our team.RESPONSIBILITIES:The Food
Service Director is responsible formanaging the food service
program across the entire campus. In conjunction with direct
reports, (s)he shall assist with developing strategic operations
plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives to
include sustainable practices while balancing the fiscal
constraints of the operation.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a
work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Establish and maintain food production systems and procedures
for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of
food related products.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food
safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop operational component forecasts; monitor expenses and
reports all variances.
- Responsible for component's budgeting and accounting
- Conduct period inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production,
merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain front line team.
- Provide Student, Client, Employee, and Community Advocacy.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through
effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain records to comply with PMS, government, and
accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client
and customer relations at all levels within the client
- Develop annual marketing plan for account.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services
which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates
with appropriate subject matter expertsRequired QualificationsIdeal
candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years multi unit experience
in dining,retail and or catering operations.
- Previous experience in college/university or business dining is
- A minimum of 2 years primary financial accountability with a
direct reporting relationship to clients and senior executives is
- Proven track record of developing and implementing tools to
increase top and bottom line as well as strong communication
skills*Knowledge of safe food handling practices and the ability to
pass food safety exams and/or trainings;*Must have a team player
attitude, dependable, reliable and respectable; exemplify
leadership qualities and professionalism with excellent customer
service skills.*Physical Demands: Specific physical characteristics
and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility,
dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying
or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 20pounds or more.We
arean EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender,
pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
political beliefs, military status, marital status, veteran status
or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or
local law.COVID PROTOCOLIn an effort to keep employees safe from
Covid-19, Perkins Managementstrong suggests that all employees are
fully vaccinated and boosted.
Keywords: Perkins Management Services Company, Fairfield , Food Service Director - Miles College (Perkins Management), Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!