Company: Primal Pet Group
Posted on: June 21, 2022
COMPANY OVERVIEWPrimal Pet Foods is a Fairfield,
California-based manufacturer of fully prepared, human-grade raw
foods and treats for dogs and cats. Primal Pet Foods was founded
with the goal of improving the quality of life and overall health
and happiness of pets through wholesome raw foods that mimic the
diet of animals in the wild. We are looking for reliable and
motivated people to join our fast-paced, growing Primal Team!
SUMMARYAs a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for buying
and maintaining minimum inventory levels of raw materials,
consumables, PPE, as well as additional goods and services for a
Raw Pet Food Manufacturing Plant. In addition, this position may
also assist in a backup function planning, organizing and working
with the production team to support production scheduling and
analysis, communicating potential schedule impacts and escalating
issues to the Master Production Planner; This role will work
closely with internal departments such as manufacturing,
maintenance, supply chain, quality, and production to ensure timely
communication of lead times, schedule impacts and changes, material
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and purchase raw materials, consumables, PPE, as well as
additional goods and services
- Coordinate with domestic and overseas manufactures to assure
consistent and adequate supply levels
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels, request for quotations,
and identifying opportunities to minimize costs whenever
- Expedite raw material delivery to meet changing production
- Responsible for updating and maintaining vendor files.
- Assist in identifying needs and implementing solutions.
- Participate in supplier negotiations and develop cost savings
programs in price and total applied costs.
- Maintain accurate data of raw material, suppliers, and
components within ERP system.
- Manage the logistics for intercompany transfers and assist with
customs documentation for clearance.
- Coordinate with Sales planning and Marketing on promotions, new
product introductions and SKU rationalization
- Process POs based on sales and production forecast using MRP
- Monitor open POs on your assigned commodities to ensure on-time
- Partner with Receiving department to make sure materials and
packaging were delivered on a timely manner.
- Proactively report raw materials and packaging availability
issues to relevant department leaders
- Maintain constant communication with internal departments and
external vendors to address quality issues on all assigned
- Protect company assets/ensure compliance with company polices
in all activities
- Assist with Demand Planning for Operations when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Punctual and Regular Attendance Required
- NoneQUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- 5+ years progressive materials purchasing experience in a rapid
paced food manufacturing
- Advanced Experience using MRP / ERP systems- Previous Dynamics
365/ BC Foods experience highly preferred.LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to
speak and communicate in English across all levels of the
organization.Ability to use mathematical and statistical knowledge
to assess data and determine process capabilitiesSKILLS
- Able to multi-task and work with multiple interruptions
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures
including manufacturing scheduling, demand, and replenishment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with intermediate knowledge of
Excel including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and
meet deadlines to meet the needs of the business
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision REASONING
ABILITYAbility to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety
of options in complex situations.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONSPrefer Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement
certificationWORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands
to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to
lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to stand; walk;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS AND PERKS!Competitive PayPaid
vacationCompany-paid holidays, 7 per yearLow-cost medical
insurance, including options with Kaiser, Sutter and UHCCompetitive
dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. Plus, discounted pet
insurance!Free Primal products for your petCareer opportunities,
training, and much more!Primal Pet Group is a Drug Free Workplace
and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Primal Pet Group, Fairfield , Procurement Manager, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!