Company: Macro Plastics, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Career Opportunities with Macro Plastics Macro Plastics, a
division of IPL, is currently recruiting for a high-performing Yard
Manager to join our dynamic team. - Macro Plastics is the world's
largest manufacturer of bulk plastic containers. Based in
-California with sales and manufacturing facilities located
worldwide, providing innovative business solutions for the
agricultural, -food processing, -retail, -and industrial markets. -
Job Purpose: The Yard Manager is responsible for leading the yard
staff to provide excellent service to customers and to ensure
company processes are followed under the general supervision of the
Management team. The Yard Manager will work with the Yard Lead and
be responsible for all outbound and inbound freight traffic,
including arranging for customer "will call" pick-ups for their
plant location. Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties Yard Inventory
- Manage day-to-day operations of the yard/warehouse, including
managing shipping, receiving, and storing.
- Ensure excellent service is provided to customers
- Handle escalated customer issues as needed
- Provide direction to team regarding duties and goals
- Ensures safe working environment is established and
- Review "open" orders report daily, place new orders on
production schedule, and approve for shipment
- Manage inventory levels to ensure levels are monitored and
coordinated with accounting to ensure that accurate levels are
- Inventory is rotated to ensure old stock is shipped first.
- Responsible for overseeing month end/cycle counts; inventory
and accuracy counts, researching any variance that occurs, to
ensure inventory is accurate.
- Direct freight traffic
- Schedule outbound freight trucks and customer "will-call"
- Complete customs documents for inbound/outbound international
- Schedule all inbound/outbound recycle shipments.
- Ensure loads are shipped in a timely manner
- Outbound loads are accurately loaded and shipped on time.
- All freight rates are verified and requoted as shipments are
- Develop and maintain an accurate and efficient run schedule for
production of each bin model and offline "value add" processes to
meet customer delivery expectations.
- Oversees forklift training for facility and be capable of
becoming the primary trainer for forklift operations.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensures that direct report(s) are adequately trained, equipped,
and motivated so that the department responsibilities and goals can
be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all direct report(s), both
individually and as a team (if applicable), to ensure good two-way
communication concerning progress and other issues.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions
to determine competency, knowledge, and contributions. Manages
performance issues within company guidelines, working with Human
- Complies with the Company's Human Resources policies and
procedures, and promotes the awareness of, and compliance with,
these policies by direct report(s). Safety & Sustainability
Expectations Identifying ways to ensure that we are maximizing
shipments to reduce carbon footprint. Minimum qualifications,
Formal Education, Certifications or Equivalents
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Related discipline
- International Customs Certification Working Experience - Nature
- 5+ years in warehouse/inventory management
- 2+ years supervising a team
- 3+ years in vendor management
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on approach to management
- Able to effectively delegate duties to direct report(s), in
keeping with their skill level
- Ability to operate yard/warehouse equipment
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, and volume
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule forms.
- Has thorough understanding of the organization, products, and
- Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Must be able to lift, push, and maneuver at least 100 lbs. on a
- May be required to work in excess of 8 hours per day on a
frequent basis during busy season
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Works with minimum supervision
- Minimal Travel may be required Macro Plastics, a division of
IPL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Macro Plastics
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Macro Plastics, Inc., Fairfield , Yard Manager, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!