Posted on: January 8, 2021
Operations Manager - (20000420)SUMMARY:The Operations Manager is
enthusiastic, energetic, self-monitored individual motivated to
achieve results while inspiring the team to achieve goals. The
Operations Manager is responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate
construction operations, projects and activities for assigned
locations. The Operations Manager is heavily involved in all
aspects of project execution from participation in procurement,
contract negotiations, to resolving issues with their client
counterparts. In addition, they are responsible for identifying and
capitalizing upon new opportunities for expanding programs and
services while maintaining and enhancing relationships with current
clients. Ensures work is performed within a pre-scheduled budget
and manages overall project P&L responsibilities. Provides
direction on individual staff development. Allocates staff and
resources to meet objectives, investigates, and implements ways to
improve the efficiency of a service or operation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Review all relevant contract documents to determine period and
procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and
allotment of available resources to various phases of projects all
while mitigating risk.
- Prepare and/or review the prime and project subcontract
controls, budget setup, schedules of values/billing mechanisms, and
maintain each in collaboration with operational subordinates.
- Review and approve major project purchases in collaboration
with the operations team and regional leadership.
- Review P/L tracking with operations groups at the project
level. This will also include overall ownership of project
deliverables, assist in negotiating and approving change orders and
handling escalated billing/collection issues.
- Manage project managers billing to ensure all monthly costs are
captured, including change orders.
- Review change order reports and ensure all change orders are
- Develops and monitors profit and revenue targets for
- Identifies areas of risk and leading indicators of risk.
Develops plans to avoid and mitigate the risks.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project managers, and BIM
team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed
budget and specifications.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness
of plans and actual work. Facilitate and oversee the project
startup process and ensure all procedures are being adhered to.
Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or
emergencies at construction sites.
- Oversee and manage project management staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to project managers for
regional project forecasts.
- Oversee and ensure project management team abides by
Bergelectric purchasing program and guidelines.
- Work with superintendents to ensure that all safety and
environmental policies of the Company and project owners are
followed by all project personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends and software for the
- Aware of the latest labor-saving installation methods.
- Aware of the latest Bergelectric SOP and is an advocate for
- Represent Bergelectric at Charity and employee events and sets
the standard for their team to follow.
- Oversees progress, and cost reports on construction activities.
Reviews cost reports on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure proper administration of material/subcontractor
payments, and owner progress and final payments.
- Ensure project start-up process is followed and project set-up
steps are complete within mandated timeframes.
- Oversee and advise on project buyout process to ensure buyouts
improve project profitability.
- Provide senior level engagement with clients on a project
- Manage a positive cashflow at the divisional level. Actively
engage in collections.
- Provide mentorship to employees to ensure growth and
performance and overall heathy morale.
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers at clients,
architectural and engineering firms and trade partners to ensure
successful outcomes of projects.
- Participates and provides input in project turnover and kickoff
- Identifies training needs for direct reports and monitors
progress of training program.
- Assists in project pursuits and interviews as needed.
- Provides guidance in a wide variety of issues to assist project
teams in conflict resolution and process improvement.
- Develops agendas and leads divisional meetings to review
project progress, staffing needs and general discussions.
- Client engagement and satisfaction.
- Participates in prep sessions and attends project
- Active role in industry related events and organizations to
help further Bergelectric's relationship with industry
- Ensure profitability, billings which result in positive cash
flow and other project financial responsibilities.
- Accurately project projects percent complete, labor performance
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management or related
- Strong knowledge of materials, methods, and tools required for
- Excellent and proven oral and written communication
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, judgment, decision
making and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate personnel.
- Advanced skills with MS Office, Blue Beam, REVU, Navis Works,
Outlook, Power Point, Accubid CO, Trade Service, Accubid Pro, Live
- Understands legal requirements, including reviewing contracts,
lien Rights (private vs. public) labor laws, prevailing wage
compliance, small business or minority owned business
- BS in Construction Management, Electrical Engineering or
equivalent work experience a plusPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, this role may
require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or
stand to complete other administrative functions.WORKING
- This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
- May visit jobsites and be subject to a variety of weather
conditions and high noise levels.The information contained in the
job description is for compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties
performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the
individuals currently holding this position and additional duties
may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.Primary
Location CA-FairfieldJob ManagementSchedule Full-timeTravel No
Keywords: Bergelectric, Fairfield , Operations Manager, Executive , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!