Principal IT Solutions Engineer
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Requisition ID # 137918
Job Category: Engineering / Science
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Fairfield
Information Technology (IT) is a unified organization comprised of
various departments which collaborate effectively in order to
deliver high quality technology solutions. The disaster recovery
program ensures disaster recovery planning and testing for critical
IT services and applications.
The IT Solution Engineer job family provides technical leadership
in design, development and implementation of IT solution
deliverables. This could include the assessment and optimization of
system design and review of user requirements. Provides technical
direction to determine technical and operational feasibility of
solutions that are integrated with the existing or defined IT
network architecture and services standards, to meet clearly
defined technical performance requirements. Develops prototypes of
the system design and works with network, database, operations,
technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout
development and implementation processes in order to improve system
resilience and reliability. Also provides IT Solution Engineering
technical leadership to ensure that design, development, and
testing activities conform to the strategic and tactical direction
for individual initiatives. All employees are responsible for
performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your
assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work
location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good
faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the
job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of
the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on
multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills,
education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value,
geographic location, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $128,000
Bay Area Maximum: $218,000
California Minimum: $122,000
California Maximum: $207,000
- Provides advanced consulting and guidance during the detailed
design, build, test, and deploy phases of IT projects.
- Oversees all of the architecture and design of technology
solutions supporting business requirements on projects.
- Develops and maintains all technical standards, design
patterns, reference architectures and roadmaps for a Reference
Architecture Framework containing a broad collection of
- Identifies the developmental needs of others, and coaches and
mentors others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Presents findings and makes recommendations to high level
- Identifies and implements process improvements at the
- Creates system design models, specifications, diagrams, and
charts to provide direction to system programmer and development
- Ensures the successful implementation of the most complex,
larger scale, and cross-functional new/enhanced systems on time, in
scope and within budget.
- Creates and presents innovative solutions based on
requirements, by utilizing subject-matter expertise.
- Ensures design solutions delivered are aligned with the
requirements in the technical/logic design
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline
or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, IT-Information Technology
- 10 years experience in IT-Information Technology engineering
- Experience in enterprise architecture environments, job-related
- Experience in project management, IT-Information
- PMP-Project Management Professional certification
- Four years of Disaster Recovery experience
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Fairfield , Principal IT Solutions Engineer, Engineering , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!