Manufacturing Process Engineer Lead
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Share this Job
Company: - Ball Corporation Location: - Fairfield, CA, US, 94533
Job Category: - Manufacturing/ Operations Req. ID: - 25569 Do you
want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build
a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you
looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?Join
us, and build your career by helping us build the future.We are a
global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team
members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups,
and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our
customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the
universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique
purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better
world.Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and
inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And
everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by
doing what we love.We lead with our heads and our hearts and
combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps
us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life,
and the world, better. Whether we're developing packaging that's
infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we
create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position: Drives operational excellence
through the use of data-based analysis and designed
experimentation. Drives process consistency (i.e. document and
change) through the use of appropriate control systems. Promotes a
continuous improvement culture through the use of data-based
analysis and decision making, team collaboration and empowerment,
and systems thinking. Essential Responsible Areas:
- Leads and strategically advises plant leadership on line
throughput, line balance and process improvement opportunities
through requirements gathering, data extraction / transformation,
organized analysis and effective visualization of information.
- Supports process owner to ensure adherence to MCO process
- Supports and adheres to document control system for all
controlled documents that includes processes for notification,
tracking and recording of changes in designated control systems
(i.e. portal / SharePoint).
- Collaborates with functional areas to develop and report
performance metrics against targets to determine gaps in
performance and recommends/executes improvement initiatives.
- Uses appropriate Lean, Six Sigma and data analysis tools to
analyze quantitative and qualitative to provide actionable
information for data-driven decisions.
- Champions use and functionality of BPLM, Infinity and CTT and
other related systems and ensures accuracy through a validation
strategy that identifies all critical inputs and controls them
properly to achieve optimal performance of critical process and
- Supports the Food Safety Systems per the system requirements
and per the direction of the plant Quality department.
- Supports the operation of the plant maintenance system and
processes per the direction of the Production department.
- Supports audits and trials through data and process analysis,
documenting findings and preparing/delivering reports.
- Conducts training, when appropriate, on engineering concepts
and tools, including but not limited to process control and
capability, root causes analysis, basic quality and problem-solving
- Partners with plant departments to establish effective
communication processes to equally disseminate critical information
across all departments, shifts and crews.
- Assists in mapping and documenting complex business processes
to support process improvement efforts.
- Assists with the deployment of approved and assigned best
practices and confirms / reports local impacts.
- Bachelor's Degree in math/science/engineering preferred, High
School Diploma or GED required
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects, perform complex
tasks, organize and follow through consistently and work under
pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable skill in team building, leading, teaching,
coaching and influencing leaders; ability to influence upward,
across and down with skill, and without formal authority
- Change leadership experience; willing to take risks, challenge
the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Application experience and skill (MS Office, MINITAB or similar
- Strong written and oral communication, facilitation and
presentation skills (communicate at all levels of the
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills
- Must possess analytical thinking skill and knowledge of
statistical process control and statistical analysis including
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles,
legal practices, customer needs and expectations; statistical
process control; statistical analysis; generally accepted
managerial practices and procedures; quality assurance principles,
practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Hiring Salary Range: $78,400-$117,415 (Salary to be determined
by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more. - Ball Corporation has been made
aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often
appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a
candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a
face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email
correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please
also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require
candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding
processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball,
please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/ . If you
have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian,
Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Fairfield , Manufacturing Process Engineer Lead, Engineering , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!