Bioprocess Engineer/ Scientist for San Leandro, CA area!
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Bioprocess Engineer / Scientist
Engineering · San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before!
We are on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how
we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the
This is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based
meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s
resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and
climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert
elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic
cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s
where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business
leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we
never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious
and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is
significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to
help combat climate change and working toward addressing the
impending food crisis, our employees also enjoy competitive
benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company
culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more,
changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a
The company is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation
technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the
world’s leading financial institutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Bioprocess Engineer / Scientist is an experienced chemical
engineer, biochemist or related occupation that is responsible for
the safe operation of fermentation systems in the company.
This role would play a significant part in optimizing the processes
of fermentation delivery.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Apply engineering principles, research theories, and models to
design and plan experiments and research activities related to
bioreactors and/or fermentation.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and optimize bioreactors and/or
- Install, setup, and commission laboratory scale
- Communicate findings to internal project teams, management, and
- Write and review technical documentation including reports,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and engineering design
- Preparing and giving presentations to internal teams, clients,
and potential investors
- Review literature and journal articles to inform program
- Communicate findings to internal project teams and
- Understand and execute on installation, commissioning, and
start-up of fermentation lines.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Management of
Change (MoC) systems specific to the fermentation
- Maintain safety in the operation of fermenters/bioreactors and
support Project Safety Management (PSM) for the facility.
- Chemical or biochemical engineering degree with 5+ years of
experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical, biofuel, or food
fermentation operations role.
- Expertise in cGMP food and/or pharmaceutical
- Able to recognize when optimization, correction, or custom
changes are necessary - ability to troubleshoot and manage
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to act
proactively to create exceptional experiences for internal and
- Possess a customer first mentality with all
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to
communicate with tangible and lasting shaping of core values and
- Experience in gas fermentation is an asset.
- Experience with managing and safely using hazardous gases and
high-pressure systems is an asset. Understands chemical
reactions and engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in building a supply chain from scratch
is an asset but not required.
- Professional experience in roles requiring both independent
creativity and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Understand the use of technology as a competitive
Keywords: Job Juncture, Fairfield , Bioprocess Engineer/ Scientist for San Leandro, CA area!, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!