Patient Care Secretary
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Job DescriptionThe Patient Care Secretary is a skilled
secretarial person whose job is to support the work of the Team
Manager and who is generally responsible for accomplishing all
patient care related clerical procedures.
- Screens telephone calls for Team Manager. Facilitates
communication between pa tients/families and other team members,
- Takes and keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Attends weekly team meetings. Prepares agenda for team meeting.
Follows through on assignments given by the Team Manager.
- Establishes, maintains, and closes patient charts in an orderly
fashion. This may include but is not limited to the mailing of and
follow-up on all required documentation such as Plans-Of-Care,
Attending Physician Authorization forms and Medical Information
- Provides back-up documentation to Billing Department routinely
and as requested.
- Orders D.M.E. and maintains record of dates ordered and
- Enters patient care and volunteer data into Vx and event
- Communicates with staff and outside agencies as directed by
- When the program utilizes part time staff, the PCS will
maintain a list of all part-time staff jointly with other patient
care secretaries. Contacts and schedules part-time staff at the
direction of Team Manager.
- Jointly with other patient care secretaries, orders supplies
and documentation forms used by the team.
- Does routine correspondence for Team Manager and other members
of the team.
- Sorts and processes all patient care mail jointly with other
patient care secretaries.
- Maintains A.D.T. and checks census daily for accuracy.
- In programs that have more than one patient care secretary,
they will cover for each other for lunch, for team meetings, and
for other short intervals of absence.
- Handles other tasks as assigned by the Team Manager.
- Three years prior work experience preferred.
- Good typing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone skills EDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalent required. SPECIAL
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
About Us VITAS Healthcare is the
nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the
resources and expertise to support your personal and professional
growth. As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment
working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an
employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as
a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our
hospice mission. All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their
duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for
professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused
constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and
compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing,
innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your
voice heard-find your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: -
Competitive compensation - Health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care
flexible spending accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with
numerous investment options and generous company match- Cancer
and/or critical illness benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time
Off- Employee Assistance Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside
Assistance- Affinity Program Many of our positions offer the
opportunity to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Fairfield , Patient Care Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...