Specialist - Collections
Company: Total Safety U.S. Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Total Safety is looking for a Collections Specialist to join
their safety conscious team! The collections specialist is
responsible for locating and communicating with debtors via the
telephone and written notices in order to obtain repayment in full
or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Collections
specialist will resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary
as well as perform skip tracing and contract observance functions
to ensure compliance of all company, client, and federal and state
regulations. -The hourly pay rate for this position is -$32.50-$35
-About Total SafetyTotal Safety -is the world's premier provider of
integrated safety and compliance services and the products
necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory
protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and
inspection, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical
treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems
design, and materials management. Our Core Values are People,
Safety & Wellbeing, Accountability, Responsibility, Empowerment,
Honesty, Transparency, and Integrity. Responsibilities
- Initiates telephone and/or email contact with internal &
external customers with amounts past due, determining reason and
arranging for collection or adjustment to correct errors in
accounts. Accept incoming phone calls to handle billing issues
and/or process payments and issue credits.
- Follow up on calls and email, fax or mail copies of invoices as
- Make outgoing collection calls to customers that are at risk of
having their services interrupted due to non-payment.
- Perform credit evaluations for new or renewal business to
determine credit worthiness.
- Process credit card payments on accounts and resolve questions
and issues on accounts.
- Assist the sales department in account set up by setting credit
limits and terms.
- Run daily reports - credit hold report, credit balance report
and aging reports.
- Verify that all customers that have made payments to bring the
accounts current and are placed back on schedule for service in an
accounts has been on credit hold.
- Run collection manager and highlight all customers that need to
be contacted for payment before billing cycle processes.
- Complete the weekly top 30 aging account report to the company
CFO and others required.
- Run Aging reports and update notes in system regarding status
of payment on accounts. Coordinate with offsite collections
specialist on collection strategies and problem accounts. Upload
account information to outside collection's company as
- Provide back up for customer service, Accounts Receivable Clerk
- A minimum of three (2) years of credit or collections
experience or an equivalent education and experience
- Experience in multi-state return compliance. Strong analytical,
research, and writing skills. Proficient using Microsoft Suite
(e.g. Word, Excel, etc---)
- Proficient in Vertex Returns and Vertex L Series software.
Working knowledge in state and local tax compliance procedures.
Must be able to work under pressure and respond to tight turnaround
time of projects.
- Good organization and time management skills to handle multiple
tasks and changing priorities. Must be able to work with
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with strict
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and
willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university Total Safety and its subsidiaries afford equal
opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial
status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status,
genetic information or any other characteristic protected under
Federal, State or Local law. Total Safety is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Total Safety U.S. Inc., Fairfield , Specialist - Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!